Chapter fourteen

This chapter is dedicated to tidalwavesofemotions for making the awesome moodboard above!

Five a.m. says my clock that's been sitting atop of my side table. Closing my eyes for a few minutes, I tried to think for this day to go well. Well, it is, sometimes. I just want it to be better—beyond better to be specific.

Locating my phone which is hidden under my pillow, I groaned as I had a hard time finding it. Then, I found it was already on the floor. Maybe I dropped it while I was sleeping loudly last night.

Checking my phone would be the best evidence that I’m addicted to having conversation with a new friend. Guess what, Cain and Chuck left a message.

Cain:
Good night, Lauren. Thanks for the time tonight       11:56PM

Chuck:
Hey! Are you home now? I wanted to make sure you're not flirting with my brother.      12:00AM

Honestly, these two are making me happy as ever these past few days. Their messages are a bit hilarious, but Cain’s the sweetest. I went home before ten and why would they actually bother me with the SNS at the middle of the night.

I was about to stand up and prepare for breakfast when Cain’s name appeared on my screen. He’s calling me. What on earth, it’s still five a.m.?

“Hey, Cain! Good morning,” I greeted, going back to my bed again, looking up in the ceiling and crazily smiling.

“Hey, Lauren!”

“What’s up? It’s too early, haha,” I laughed, nervously.

“Will you come over to my house?”

Shifting towards the left side of my bed and tightening my grip on the pillow, I knew a smile voluntarily came out of my face. It’s too early for Cain to give me an eerie feeling of excitement. He shouldn’t have been doing this to me.

“Lauren?”

“Ah... yeah, why?”

“The sun sets at five-thirty. Our art teacher told us to pass an art featuring the sun beams. I figured you’d be a great example.”

“Then, how should it suppose to happen?” I wondered.

“My room’s a bit darker at five-thirty. Maybe you could sit up in front of the balcony and when the sun sets, I’d take a photo of you. Your silhouette would be great to look at,” he told me excitedly.

“You sure I could make it? It’s five-thirteen now. I’ll be ready.”

“It’s fine. The sun’s actually nice and bright to look at beyond five-thirty. Well, I’d love to pick you up now.”

“No, no, it’s fine. Just prepare my breakfast featuring a nice weather, haha.”

He laughed on the other line, which became my favorite sound these days.

“I prepared one for you. But I’m not sure where to find the weather.”

“Then, that’s a challenge. All right, then, I won’t make this long. I’ll be there in a few minutes.”

• • •

As I came to his home, I went upstairs to go inside his room. The car wasn’t displayed in the garage so, I assume Chuck isn’t home yet. Now, the sun’s already setting and we hurried to catch it. I immediately sat up in the balcony whilst he took his camera to capture the scene.