Chapter thirteen

Thanks to caligraephy for the new cover. It's awesome!

Sun rays brushing all over my cheeks was the first thing that hit into my core the next day. I tried to look for a very familiar object to shut it up just in case it rings. But I couldn't find my alarm clock. It was then that I woke up from a very unfamiliar room. Right, I knew it. This isn't my apartment.

I stared blankly at the ceiling, contemplating whether I should go out or lock myself here. I feel uncomfortable, not to mention that Cain is the first person that I have to see in the morning.

I turned around side-lying towards the window where I could see the sky. It went better compared yesterday. I slowly closed my eyes and told my inner self to give it a little minute to sleep since it's still seventy-two a.m.

Not too long, I was awoken by a loud bang in the door.

"Yeah, I'm home."

Oh no, the opposite side of Cain came home. I could almost hear his footsteps walking towards the bed and the loud beating of my heart, of course I was nervous. I was nervous he'd scold me for sleeping in his brother's bed.

I tried to pull up the covers to hide, then, I could almost feel how he jumped on the bed. I thought he didn't noticed me. Maybe he was calling someone, half asleep because maybe he had hangover from last night.

"No. Finish it up for me," he commanded, in a laziest voice.

"I can't go inside my room. My brother used it. And locked it. See? I have a reason to decline your order," he added.

Why was he so loud? I wouldn't doubt he'd damage the ear of the person he's talking to. I mean, it's too early to shout. Why don't he just knock on the other room after all, it's his.

"I'm hanging up. Tell them I won't go to school today. I stayed up all night studying Microbiology and all of the helminth stuff."

Ugh. He really is a different guy from Cain. Chuck's a downright liar. Cain said he went to a party with his friends last night. And now he was telling the one over the phone that he studied all night? Ah, what a waste!

"Ah, I miss my bed. My twin has gone owning my room," I heard him say, accompanied with a very lazy voice.

My eyes widened when he's feet landed on my face. I could barely breath. I hope he doesn't notice there's someone inside this room.

"Wait."

Oh no.

He tried to step on my face again, ouch! He was trying to figure out if this is really true.

And then, that's it! He pulled the covers away from me. He caught me.

"Aha! Lauren Grace!"

I let out a huge exhale. Of course, because I nearly died inside when his feet landed on my face.

"I'm sorry, okay? I'll head out now. I wasn't thinking of your brother all night. I've had a long night and good sleep. Don't kill me," I explained while standing up.

He grabbed me by the wrist and so we both landed on bed, again.

"What on earth, Chuck! You smell like-"

"Fresh air."

"No, alcohol."

"Really? I don't think ethyl alcohol is being sold out in the groceries."

I rolled my eyes and stood up again when he grabbed me by the wrist, again.

"Chuck, let me go."