Chapter eighteen

Hey guys, sorry for the long wait. I admit I was procrastinating and also in writer's block. Please enjoy the chapter and tell me what you think. This chapter is dedicated to MoonstoneCrystals for her awesomeness and crazy comments!

The sound of the utensils being placed on the table was rough and harsh as it came to my hearing sense. Impression by early morning hit me as I hear the sound of a whistling kettle. Colour me impressed; when there's a kettle, his bestfriend named coffee is present. The strong aroma of dark coffee intoxicates me and made my eyes open. Not a morning person but I'd love the concept of a nice breakfast.

Slowly opening my eyes, I noticed how different the bed I am lying is on now. Okay, I mean, it's a sofa. As I rose up, I felt a little bit dizzy and my eyes were heavy. Scanning my surroundings, I recalled I slept on the Neuton's house again.

"You're learning to feel at home, yes?" I was startled when I heard someone speak behind me.

Turning around, I caught sight of Chuck. He's wearing his black pants, his white plain shirt hanging on his left arm. A cup of hot coffee was displayed on his other arm while his bare feet stood up on the cold floor.

"You're not gonna fool around walking in your house shirtless early this morning. You're not muscular, get over it, Chuck." I rolled my eyes at him and stood up from the sofa.

He scoffs and at the same time smirked at my remark. Placing the cup of coffee on the near table, he finally put his shirt on. He kneels down under the cabinet to find something he is in searched for.

"Are you guys dating or something?" He asks, sounding like a mad man.

Shaking my head, I stare at him, overly surprised at his sudden question.

"I swear, I'm gonna put myself under sedation because I hate seeing lovebirds on my screen," he commented, still looking for whatever thing it is.

"Do you need help?" I offered, couldn't survive watching him fretting at this hour.

"Looking for slippers. Go volunteer," he commanded, wiping the trickling sweat from his temple on the upper sleeves of his shirt.

"So... how's the project going on?" I said out of nowhere.

"Halfway from the road end," he sighs.

With continued search of his slippers, my hands finally caught it under the sofa.

"Is this it?" I asked, raising the slippers and showing it to him.

He let out a sigh of relief, "Damn, he couldn't afford watching you suffer while he hides. Throw it!"

He signals me to throw the slippers to him while he catches it.

"Wow, you have some special bond with your slippers. He's a 'he', does it have a name?" I joked, seems fun to treat his slippers like human.

"Baptize him," he implored, putting it under his feet.

"Give it a go, I'm not gifted with giving names," I smiled, lifting up my hair into a messy bun.

He gazed at me for a while, maybe studying me, and later on his lips formed into a smile.

"His name is Bun," he tells me, walking to the table and lifting the cup of coffee in his hands.

"Wow. That was... genius?" I laughed softly.

"Don't question my idea. Now, let me ask you, what's with the swollen eyes?" His tone became serious, hardness comes with it.