1. The cute blonde

Chapter One

"Leigh, Lexi?" An elderly tall witch, who went by the name Professor McGonagall called my name. I inhaled deeply, shuffling my way forward through the group of first years. My legs were a little shaky, but I continued to make my way up to the three-legged stool with confidence. I was about to be sorted into my Hogwarts house, while the rest of the school watched. I could feel all eyes on me as I took my seat on the stool and waited to be sorted.

An old, shaggy witch's hat was placed on top of my head. I was already fully aware of how the sorting ceremony went, coming from a pureblood family. My mother had told me all about it. Both my mother and father were in Slytherin back when they attended Hogwarts.

I didn't know my father. He was killed in Azkaban about a year after the fall of the Dark lord. My mother did not agree with my father's choices, and I grew up knowing he was a bad man. My mother believed he got what he deserved, and was glad to be able to raise me with a good heart and not with the purebloods are better than the rest. Not all Slytherins are bad, she was proof of that, but she had also warned me to watch my back with them anyway.

"Gryffindor!" The hat yelled for all to hear.

My nervous heart relaxed, I knew my mother would approve and be glad. I hopped off the stool and made my way down to the table in red. The Gryffindor students were all clapping and cheering me on.

I sat down next to a brown-haired boy called Seamus Finnigan. He had been sorted not too long before me. He gave me a friendly smile, which I returned before looking back to see who would be sorted next.

"Malfoy, Draco?" Professor McGonagall called the next name on the parchment.

I watched as a blonde boy walked up to the stool. When he turned around to sit on the seat I smiled. He was very cute and sweet looking. I secretly hoped he would be sorted into the same house as me.

"Slytherin!" the sorting hat yelled out before it had even fully been placed on his head.

I watched as Draco made his way over to the Slytherin table, looking very pleased with himself. I couldn't see myself making friends with him now. Even though she didn't say it directly, I knew my mother wouldn't be too pleased if I made friends with the Slytherins.

After the sorting ceremony, a feast of the most delicious looking food I had ever laid eyes on appeared on the tables out of thin air. Everyone began to pile up their plates with as much food as they could. Another first-year boy with red hair who sat across from me was stuffing his face as if he had never seen food before in his life. From the sorting ceremony, I knew his name was Ron Weasley. And by looking down the Gryffindor table I could tell there was more than one Weasley in this house.

I couldn't help but let my eyes wander over to the Slytherin table, where Draco Malfoy was making friends fast. I turned my eyes away before anyone could notice and talked to Seamus.

"I'm half and half," He told me. "My mum's a Witch. My dad's a Muggle. A bit of a nasty shock for him when he found out," He laughed.

I laughed with him. I told him I was from an all magical family, without trying to sound like I was a better Witch because of it. I did not care that Seamus had a Muggle parent. If I did, I would probably be sitting over at the Slytherin table.

***

Seamus and I talked a lot after we were sent back to the house's common rooms. I really enjoyed being around him. He made me laugh and told me how he would often accidentally blow things up when he was a little kid. He said at least they knew he had magical blood and wasn't surprised when he got his Hogwarts letter. We sat together in most of our classes, a boy called Dean would often sit with us as well. The famous Harry Potter was also in our class. It was also pretty exciting to have the boy who lived in the same house as me. I had only talked to him a couple of times so far, but he seemed pretty nice.