7. Draco's Only Visitor

Chapter Seven

I held the strap of Draco's book bag tightly in my hands, taking my anger out on it by squeezing it tightly. I could not believe Seamus was being so mean over nothing. I knew Draco was a jerk to him, does not mean I had to be a complete jerk back. I mean that's just who Draco is, and Seamus should not let what he says, get to him so much.

I arrived outside the big double doors that led into the hospital wing. I slowly opened one of them and peered inside. Draco was lying in the bed closest to the door. His arm was wrapped and in a sling. He was staring up at the ceiling frowning slightly; he appeared to be deep in thought.

No one else was in the room. Not even any of Draco's Slytherin friends. I opened the door fully and walked inside. Draco did not even notice me enter; he continued to stare up at the ceiling.

I walked over and sat down in the chair beside Draco's bed, and placed his bag on the floor.

The sound of books in the bag hitting the ground snapped Draco out of his thoughts and his head snapped to the side to look at me. He seemed shocked when he saw that it was me coming to visit him.

"What are you doing here Leigh?" He said annoyed, eyeing me off suspiciously.

"I brought you your bag" I nodded towards his back on the floor " but If you don't want it, I will take it back to the forest" I got up to leave.

"No don't," He said suddenly, he reached out his good arm and grabbed my wrist with it, preventing me from leaving.

I looked down at Draco's face and it seemed kind for once. I sat back down in my seat and looked at him, not sure of what to say.

"Thank you" He mumbled looking away from my eyes. A smirk came upon my face at his embarrassed look. It was very un-Draco like to apologize. I felt kind of bad for him that none of his friends had the decency to bring him his bag. I suppose that's just how Slytherins were.

"How is your arm?" I asked looking down at his bandages "Does it hurt much?"

"Bloody thing nearly took my arm off," Draco said angrily.

"You were the silly one that had to go storming up to Buckbeck" I shook my head at him "He was just defending himself"

Draco glared at me for a moment before looking down at his arm "Yeah, well my father will be hearing about this. That giant idiot and his bloody chicken will pay for this"

I sighed heavily at Draco's stupidity, "Yeah that's right go running off to your daddy," I got up off my seat feeling angry "You're the only chicken here" Draco ignored my insult.

One thing I could not handle was cruelty to animals, and I knew that if Draco went running off to his father, Buckbeck would be marked as dangerous and probably get put down. Poor Hagrid would probably get fired as well; he did not deserve that at all.

"Where are you going?" Draco asked as I headed for the door.

"Away from you" I replied.

"Wait!"

I turned around and stared at Draco "What for" I grumbled, crossing my arms across my chest impatiently.

Draco looked like he was thinking for an excuse but just seemed to not be able to come up with one.

"Well?" I asked, getting more impatient by the minute.

"Did you just want to talk for a while? I'm not allowed to leave here until the morning and I am bored as hell" He said, as his face heated up with embarrassment. It must have been hard for him to ask for the company of a Gryffindor, and one of the people he seemed to hate the most.

I sighed and slowly made my way back over to the seat next to Draco's bed. He refused to look me in the eyes as I sat down.

I could not help to smile at him; he looked quite adorable being so helpless there in the bed. I found my eyes wandering over his perfect face, he was so unbelievably handsome. Why did he have to be a stupid Slytherin?

"What are you looking at?" Draco said putting his hand up to his face as if checking for something there.

I shook my head with a smile "Nothing"

"You can be very weird sometimes Leigh," Draco said, staring at me through suspicious eyes.

"So can you?" I teased.

Draco smiled "Maybe... but normal is boring don't you think?"

I laughed "Yeah, I agree with you there"

It was nice to see Draco actually smile. It was a rare sight. He smirked a lot, but never actually smiled. He had such a nice smile as well. It suited his face and made him look even more handsome.

We talked about lots of things for the rest of the afternoon. Draco told me about his home and how he has his own Quidditch goals in his backyard. He seemed to really like Quidditch. I did enjoy watching him play last year though. I thought he was pretty good, even if Harry did beat him.

When Draco was not being a jerk to impress his family and friends he was actually a decent human being to have a conversation with. I wanted to stay and talk with him all night if I could, but I knew that would not be happening.

As it got dark Madam Pomfrey shooed me off so Draco could get some sleep.

"Goodnight Lexi" Draco had smiled at me before I left to go to the hall for dinner.

"Goodnight Draco" I replied and left with the biggest smile on my face. I loved hearing Draco calling me by my first name and not just 'Leigh'. Who knew I could have so much fun sitting in the hospital wing, today was probably one of the best days I have ever had at Hogwarts. I just enjoyed talking to Draco so much. I hoped that after today, things would be a bit different between Draco and I. Maybe we would even start to be friends.

When I entered the hall for dinner I saw Seamus sitting at the Gryffindor table between Neville and Dean. I knew he had done that on purpose so I would not sit next to him. I felt my heart get heavy, the last thing I wanted to do was lose my best friend, but I couldn't just turn my feelings off for Draco either.

I walked over and sat across from Seamus. He looked up at me for a second, glaring at me, before turning away to talk to the boys. I held back my hurt tears as I ate my dinner silently. I had really hoped Seamus would have forgiven me by now. I only hoped that he would be back to his normal self in the morning.