11. Professor Moody

Chapter Eleven

Seamus entered the common room at first break "Lexi?" he asked with a worried expression on his face, he quickly walked over to me. I was sitting on the lounge in front of the fireplace. "What is the matter, why did you skip out on potions"

My fast beating heart slowed down. I could tell by the way Seamus was talking to me that Draco had not said anything to him about what had happened between us. I was relieved about that, even though it would mean I would have to do it myself now.

Seamus could tell by my red puffy eyes that I had been crying. I did not know what to say to him. I could not exactly tell him what happened between Draco and me right now like this, he would never forgive me.

I shook my head refusing to tell him what was wrong. Seamus sat on the lounge next to me and pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head "It will all be alright" He whispered soothingly to me.

How could I break up with him when he is being so sweet to me, and for someone who is a total jerk to me and doesn't even care that he hurt me. I just could not do it now. I held onto Seamus and rested my head up against his chest, letting the sound of his heartbeat soothe me.

Seamus stroked my hair lovingly as I cuddled into him. A rumbling sound then came from Seamus's stomach and I looked up at him. He went red and we both laughed "Sorry to ruin the moment, but I'm so hungry" He grinned at me.

"You can go down for lunch," I told him.

"I want you to come with me though, and besides you will need to go to class after lunch, you might get into a lot of trouble if you miss all day"

"I really don't want to," I groaned.

"If you don't come, you least have to tell me what's wrong," He said crossing his arms across his chest looking down at me.

"It's nothing... Fine I will come to lunch with you" I gave in.

I got off the lounge "Just give me one second" I said before running up the stairs to the girl's dormitories. I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I frowned at what I saw. My hair was a mess, my eyes were red and puffy and my black eyeliner was smeared down each side of my cheeks.

I grabbed a facecloth and whipped off my entire makeup. I applied a fresh lot of foundation to cover-up the redness under my eyes. I brushed my hair out straight and let it fall down around my face. I looked much better; you could barely tell I have been crying now.

I ran back down the stairs where Seamus was waiting for me, holding his belly. "That was more than one second," he complained as he tummy grumbled again "Let's go, I am starving"

I rolled my eyes at him as we made our way out of the portrait hole, down to the great hall. Seamus had my hand in his and he smiled kindly at me. I returned the smile but with not as much enthusiasm as he did.

We entered the hall and my heart rate began to pick up again, from out of the corner of my eye I could see Draco Malfoy sitting at the Slytherin table with all his friends.

Don't look at him. Don't look at him. Don't look at him

I kept repeating this in my head over and over as we made our way to the Gryffindor table. Seamus took his seat next to Dean and I sat on the other side of Seamus. Unfortunately, we were sitting on the tableside that faced towards the Slytherin table. It took all my strength to just look down at my plate. I could sense Draco staring at me in the distance; I knew he wanted me to look up at him. But I could not handle seeing his smug face right now, I just couldn't.