4. Flying Lessons

Chapter Four

 We all stood over old beaten down wooden brooms sticks out on the Quidditch pitch. These broomsticks looked more than 100 years old. At this moment I really wished I was allowed to bring my own broom to school this year, but the first years are not allowed.

Unfortunately, Gryffindor and Slytherin would be doing their flying lesson together today. So unfortunately I had to that stupid git Draco again.

"Why do they like putting our two houses together so much?" I whispered to Seamus "The teachers know we hate each other"

"I think it's their way of trying to make us all get along," Hermione said, having overheard me.

"Well I don't think it's ever going to work," I mumbled.

"I agree with you there," Draco said, who stood next to a broom across from me.

"No one asked your opinion skunk face" I glared at him. Ron, Harry, and Seamus laughed at this.

Draco gave me a deadly look. A look that said you will pay for that one later. Before Draco could say anything back to me, Madam Hooch stepped onto the field.

"Welcome first years to your first flying lesson" She greeted walking down the gap between the two lines of students. She was a short witch, with very short blonde hair.

Not many of the first years were very successful in their first flying lesson. In fact, Draco, Harry, and I did the best. I knew I could do so much more than what we were allowed to do. Madam hooch only allowed us to kick off and hover about a metre or two from the ground. I so badly wanted to fly off and around the castle.

Neville was the worst of us all. Poor guy lost control of his broom doing something so simple. He ended up breaking his wrist, and Madam Hooch had to take him to the hospital wing. I noticed something small and round fall out of Neville's pocket as he left sobbing. Draco also noticed because he picked it up as soon as they left.

"If I see one broom in the air while I am gone, the person responsible will be expelled" Hooch warned us before leaving.

"Give me that Malfoy" Harry warned Draco, gesturing to Neville's remembrall he had in his hand.

"Why don't you make me Potter," Draco said while mounting his broomstick and flying up into the air.

"Harry, don't you will get expelled" Hermione warmed, as Harry too mounted his broom.

I watched as Draco flew around, keeping Neville's remembrall from Harry. I had to admit Draco was pretty good on his broom. He must have had lessons at home as well before starting school.

Finally, Draco chucked it far up into the air. Harry flew after it at an amazing speed and caught it in his hand.

He landed on the ground and received many pats on the back from the Gryffindors, while Draco glared angrily at him.

"Harry Potter, come with me" It was Professor McGonagall. She must have seen Harry up in the air without a teacher's supervision.

"Oh no, I hope he doesn't get expelled," I said to Seamus, as we watched Harry leave with his head down.

We found out later that day that Harry had not been expelled but instead was going to be joining the Gryffindor Quidditch team as the seeker. I was a little bit jealous, but also super excited for him. I would love to join the team. Not as a seeker though, maybe as the keeper, or a chaser.

***

Over the next few months, Draco had done whatever he could do to piss me off and try and embarrass me, always tripping me, casting random spells on me that would make my shoelaces tie together, or make my hair turn a different colour. Thankfully our knowledge of different spells was minimum, otherwise, we would probably be doing far worse to each other.

I got Draco back whenever I could. I did not let him get away with it. Unfortunately to my displeasure, my attraction towards the kid did not go away. This all went on for the next two years of our life at Hogwarts. But I must say when Draco joined the Quidditch team in our second year; he looked so darn cute in his Quidditch robes. I would never tell him that though, he was already too smug about himself for making the Slytherin team.

Also in our second year, the chamber of secrets was opened. Everyone in Gryffindor thought Draco was the heir of Slytherin and had opened the chamber. As much of a jerk as he could be, I never believed he could be that bad though. As much as I hated to admit it, I knew there was a good person somewhere inside Draco. At Least I hoped there was. I really did not want to spend the next 5 years of my life constantly going back and forth with him.