19. Holidays

Chapter Nineteen

 I had asked my mum if it was alright to stay at a friend's house for the Christmas holidays. I never mentioned that the person was kind of my boyfriend, or that he was a Malfoy, or that he was in Slytherin. I knew if I mentioned that stuff there was no way she would let me go.

My mother hated Slytherins, even though she was one herself. And I knew she hated the Malfoys from back in the days when my father was a death eater, so she knew they were bad people.

But I am starting to see some good in Draco, and I know from personal experience that just because your father is a Death eater, does not mean you will be one as well.

"Are you all ready to leave?" Draco asked me. We were in the great hall having breakfast before the train left for the holidays. I got up and followed Draco.

"Yeah," I said, frowning at Crabbe and Goyle who were wheeling their trunks, plus Draco's trunk behind them. They looked like they were struggling quite a bit with the extra load.

I grabbed ahold of my own trunk and began to wheel it towards the exit. Draco put a hand out to stop me "You don't have to take that yourself" Draco smiled at me.

"Crabbe, be a gentleman and take Lexi's trunk," Draco ordered. He glared at his friend, daring him to decline.

Crabbe nodded and grabbed the handle off me, so he was wheeling both his and my trunk behind him. Before I had a chance to argue Draco grabbed a hold of my hand and led me out of the hall.

"That's not very nice, forcing them to take our luggage," I frowned at Draco.

Draco shrugged "I am not forcing them to do anything, they could have said no, if they wanted to" Draco smirked, knowingly that they would never say no to him.

I rolled my eyes and continued to walk towards the train station at Hogsmeade. The train was already at the station when we arrived, waiting for all the students who were going home for the holidays to board the train.

Draco and I got a compartment, and Crabbe and Goyle placed our luggage in the racks for us. They took a seat across from us.

"What do you think you are doing?" Draco asked them angrily.

"Umm?" They said together dumbly, not knowing how to reply to that.

"There are a hundred other carriages to sit, so go" Draco ordered, and they both got up and left the carriage without another word.

"That was very mean," I sighed.

"What? Is it a crime that I want to be alone with you?" Draco asked innocently and moved closer to me. "It would be awkward doing this, with those two idiots sitting there" Draco leaned in and pressed his lips up against mine. I kissed him back, before pulling away.

"We have all the holidays to do that," I laughed.

***

Draco's mother was there to meet us at the train station in London when the Hogwarts express pulled up.

I was in normal clothes, instead of my Hogwarts uniform, so she would not be able to tell I was actually in Gryffindor.

On the train ride to London, Draco went over a few different things with me, as what it is like to be in Slytherin, and what the Slytherin common room looks like, and the password to get in there. All just in case some questions came up about any of it, while I was staying with him.

"You will do fine," Draco encouraged me. We walked over to his mother, who was smiling at us both.

I gulped nervously as we stopped, and Draco's mum pulled him into a hug. "Mum, not in front of everyone" Draco grumbled, pulling away from his mother's embrace.

"How are you dear?" Draco's mother turned to me "Draco has told me all about you" She smiled.

"Good, thank you Mrs. Malfoy" I smiled nervously and Draco grabbed hold of my hand encouragingly.

*

When we arrived at the Malfoy Manor, Draco immediately took me upstairs to show me where I would be sleeping. We stopped at the third door down, from the stairs.

Draco opened the door, and we both stepped inside. It was a nice looking room, with a double bed, and a big dresser with a mirror to the side of it, and a door that came off the side of the room.

"The bathroom is through that door" Draco pointed to it.

I nodded as a house-elf walked into the room, placing my luggage on the floor beside the door. It bowed to both Draco and me before leaving. Hermione would not have liked that I laughed in my head.

"Where is your room?" I asked Draco.

"This is my room" Draco grinned, "We are sharing" he winked mischievously at me.

"I don't believe you" I was starting to figure out now when Draco was joking or being serious. The walls in this room were a pale yellow colour, and by the way it was decorated it was quite obviously a guest room.

Draco laughed at me. He grabbed my hand, leading me back out the bedroom door and into the long hall. We went one door down, and Draco opened the door, revealing another bedroom.

"This is my room," Draco informed me.

I walked inside and was not at all shocked by the Green and Silver striped paint that covered all the walls. At the far end of the room was a large king-sized bed, with a Slytherin style bedspread. There were a lot of Quidditch posters up on the walls, and many random bits and pieces, that looked like dark arts trinkets laying around on the shelves.

"Nice," I said slightly impressed as I walked over to Draco's bed and jumped down on it. It was very comfortable, way more comfortable than the beds at Hogwarts.

Draco seemed happy that I had approved of his room. He walked over and laid down next to me on his bed.

"So what do we have planned to do for the Holidays?" I asked him, I turned my head to the side so I could look at him.

Draco thought for a moment, then a smile came upon his face. "This" He got on top of me, and pressed his lips up against my own, in a slow and gentle kiss.