3. Potions with Draco

Chapter Three

My cheeks were red from embarrassment, and my face was tear-stained, as I made my way through the corridors. I was heading straight for the Gryffindor common room.

"Lexi, what happened to you? Your arms are bleeding!" Seamus had just rounded the corner; he had a white football under his arm. He looked at my bloody arms and dirt-covered robe with a look of shock.

I tried to speak, but my lips trembled too much, making it impossible for words to escape. I walked over and put my arms around Seamus and began to cry into his chest. Seamus was shocked, to say the least. However he did not care how dirty or bloody I was, he held me tight and let me cry.

Seamus took me to the Hospital Wing to get my arms cleaned up. It only took Madam Pomfrey 2 minutes to make it look like they were never hurt at all.

I did not tell anyone that Draco tripped me, not even Seamus. I just told them I fell over by accident onto the cement. The look in Seamus's eyes told me he did not believe me, but he did not pressure me to tell him the truth.

For the rest of the weekend, I did not leave the Gryffindor common room. Not even to eat. I was way too embarrassed, and I did not want to face Draco. Seamus always brought me back something to eat from every meal. I was thankful to him for that. I couldn't have asked for a better friend.

"You know, you are going to have to leave the common room in the morning for class. We got double potions first up," Seamus reminded me as we sat on the big red lounge in front of the warm fireplace.

"Yeah, I know" I mumbled into my knees that were curled up into my chest as I hugged them.

"Are you going to tell me what really happened?"

I shook my head as I looked into the crackling fire in front of me. Watching the flames flicker was soothing to me, it made me feel sleepy.

I got up off the lounge "I will see you in the morning Seamus" I headed up the stairs and to my safe warm bed.

The next morning I felt nervous as I sat down at the Gryffindor table for breakfast. Draco Malfoy had not arrived yet, and I was hoping he would not come at all.

To my great disappointment he did. He sat down with his mates at the Slytherin table. I was hoping with everything I had he would not notice me.

"Hey Leigh, Did you have a nice trip the other day?" Draco's voice yelled out to me and all the Slytherins laughed along with him.

I looked down at my plate trying my best to ignore their laughs.

"It was Draco who tripped you over, wasn't it?" Seamus asked me.

I nodded my head not looking up at him.

"Did you want me to kick his ass for you?"

"No. Please just let it go. He will get what's coming to him one of these days" I glared up at the blonde with hate as I said this. He was mimicking my fall to his friends as they kept laughing.

**

I awkwardly walked over and sat next to Draco for potions class. I would normally look forward to this class just so I could sit with him, but now I do anything to be Seamus's partner again. Unfortunately, that wasn't an option anymore. To go running back to Seamus would just make Draco think he had gotten to me and he would think that I was weak.

"Ha, ha, you should have seen your face Leigh, when I tripped you" Draco did a mimic of what my face must have looked like.

"Shut up Malfoy, still looks better than your face any day"

"Oh, tough one now, are we?" Draco spat and lent close to my ear "I can soon change that"

I felt his warm breath on the side of my face, sending shivers down my spine. I hated him so much now. But a part of me still thought he was cute.

"You don't scare me," I mumbled, not looking at him.

Draco heard me "We will see about that"

"Shut up Malfoy. You're stupid and ugly. Not to mention your face looks like a skunk's butt" I said with a smirk. I didn't really think he looked like that of course, but I wanted to hurt him and make him feel stupid for how he treated me.

Draco glared at me "You better watch your back Leigh, you are going to pay for that one"

When class was finally over, I quickly packed up my stuff and ran over to Seamus. I hoped that he wouldn't try anything if I was with Seamus. Luckily I was right, Draco walked straight past me with his friends. He glared at me as he passed, but continued on his way.

"I really wish I hadn't changed partners now," I told Seamus "Being stuck with that jerk is not worth the good marks"

"You could always trade back. I hate being with the gross Slytherin. She smells bad too" Seamus scrunched up his nose. I giggled at this; she did look like she did not bathe properly.

"I can't, Draco will never let me live it down if I do" I sighed

"Who cares what he thinks?" Seamus said as we stopped at the great hall for lunch.

"I do. I don't want to have to put up with him teasing me for the next 7 years because I was a wimp and changed partners so I did not have to sit next to him" I explained.

"I guess so. Oh well, we can be partners again next year" Seamus reassured me.

I nodded agreeing with Seamus. I was glad he was my friend. I just did not know what I would do without him.

"Hey guys, are you looking forward to flying lessons after lunch?" It was Ron. Hermione and Harry followed behind him and they sat across from us.

"Sure am, I already know how to fly. My mother taught me," I explained to them.

We spent the rest of lunch talking about how cool it would be to be on the Gryffindor Quidditch team.