18. Champions announced

Chapter Eighteen

"So you and Malfoy, are like an official couple now or something?" George asked me, as I entered the Gryffindor common room. I shrugged my shoulders. I squeezed my way in between the twins, on the lounge in front of the fireplace.

"Apart from you two, he is the only one who is actually kind of nice to me around here these days" I replied with a shrug.

"He's still a slimy little git though," Fred said to me putting his arm around my shoulder "But if you like him, I guess I won't throw too many snowballs at him this year, just a couple hundred or so"

I laughed at him. I wish I had made friends with these too sooner. Maybe the last few years here would have been a lot more fun. I chatted with the twins until it was late in the night.

I got up off the lounge, stretching with a yawn "Well I am going to bed, they are announcing the champions for the tournament tomorrow"

"It's no fair that you have to be 17 to enter, we are only a few months off 17" George complained.

"Yeah, well it was still funny seeing you both try and put your name in the goblet yesterday, and grow awesome grey beards" I laughed at them as I headed up the stairs to the girl's dormitories.

The next morning, almost everyone got up early. Everyone was eager to get to the hall for the announcement of the champions. I made my way through the corridors by myself, as the Weasley twins were not in the common room when I had woken up this morning.

"Lexi" Draco yelled out to me and walked quickly to catch up with me.

"Hey" I smiled slightly at him as he caught up with me. Draco smiled back and reached for my hand holding it in his own. We walked the rest of the way to the hall together hand in hand.

I really enjoyed the feeling of his hand around mine, it was nice and warm. I let go of his hand when we entered the hall though. I really didn't feel like being stared at by everyone this morning.

Draco turned and frowned at me as we walked in the hall. I turned to say goodbye to Draco, but before I could get a word out, I felt his soft lips press up against my own. I gasped into the kiss but did not pull away, I could hear mumbling and whispers coming from the students around us. Well, there goes my idea of not being stared at.

Draco finally pulled away, and I could not help the blush that flushed in my cheeks.

"Bye love," Draco said before turning and walking over to the Slytherin table. I watched as he left and saw him turn his head in the direction of the Gryffindor table with a smirk on his face. I followed his eyes and saw Seamus glaring at Draco. He looked like he was about to get up from his seat and attack him right there in front of everyone. Luckily Seamus was smarter than that and knew that was not a good idea with there being so many teachers around. He looked down at his food instead, with an angry expression on his face.

I sat down beside George at the Gryffindor table and Fred was on his other side.

"About time you got here Lexi" Fred teased, poking his head around George so he could look at me.

"This is too early for me" I groaned and they laughed.

"We have been here for an hour already, we were the first ones here, along with Lee" George informed me.

"What have you been doing all this time?" I asked in disbelief, I could not imagine getting up that early willingly.

"Talking about what it would be like to be a champion in the tournament"

"You two would not last a minute" I teased. George nudged me with his elbow in my side playfully.

"That's not a very nice thing to say, Lexi, we would totally win it" George exclaimed.

"I doubt that! you two would be too busy messing around and showing off, that you would end up getting yourselves killed" I pointed out like it was a fact.

They both opened their mouths to argue with me but seemed to think about what I had said.

"That's probably true," Fred laughed.

I smiled in satisfaction with being right.

After everyone had finished their breakfast, the hall went dark and Professor Dumbledore stood up in front of the school.

"It is time to announce the champions" He informed us and with a wave of his wand the goblet of fire lit up next to him.

With a wave of his wand, a piece of paper flew out of the goblet and he read the name out of the champion written on it. He did this three times to get the champions from the three schools that were competing.

From Beauxbatons was Fleur Delacour, a very pretty blonde girl stood up, and headed over to Dumbledore as her school cheered her on.

The champion from Durmstrang was Viktor Krum, a professional Quidditch champion. I thought he was kind of cute, and so did almost every other girl in the school as they all cheered him on.

Lastly, the Hogwarts champion was drawn, a Hufflepuff by the name of Cedric Diggory. The Hufflepuff's cheered loudly, and so did the rest of the school.

"We now have our three champions, If you could make your way into the room behind me, we can get started with the rules" Dumbledore directed the champions, and just as he was about to follow them, the goblet began to light up again. One more piece of paper flew out of the goblet. Everyone stayed quiet as Dumbledore unfolded the paper with a frown on his face.

"Harry Potter!"

Everyone turned to look at Harry, who sank down in his seat looking shocked and embarrassed.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore said louder. Harry was pushed to his feet by the people sitting next to him, and he made his way slowly up to Dumbledore.

Dumbledore led Harry into the back room with the other three, and the hall lit up again.

"How the hell did Harry get his name in the Goblet?" Fred asked. He sounded amused and impressed.

"I don't know, but by the look on his face, it looked like he did not want his name to be drawn out," I said, still shocked by the events that had just taken place.

***

"Stupid Potter always has to have all the attention on him" Draco complained as he caught up with me after breakfast.

"I don't think he did it," I told Draco and he frowned, not believing it.

Draco decided to change the subject as talking about Harry was making him angry "So the Christmas holidays are coming up" Draco said stepping in front of me.

"Yeah" I mumbled, not knowing what he was getting at.

"I have talked to my mum, and she said it is alright if you wanted to come and stay with us over the holidays"

I looked at Draco shocked "Why would your parents allow me at your house? I thought they would hate me" I said in disbelief.

"Well they don't, so will you come to stay with me? I really want to spend more time together, just the two of us"

I thought about it for a moment, I was starting to really like Draco, and I was curious to see how things are going to go between us.

I smiled at him "Sure I would love that"

"Great" Draco smiled and pecked me on the lips, he grabbed my hand and led me out to the grounds "Oh one more thing, my parents think you're in Slytherin, so just pretend you are"

I sighed and shook my head "Fine, but I might have to tell my mother you're in Gryffindor if I am to have any chance of being able to stay with you" I laughed