2. Embarrassed

Chapter Two

Seamus was not happy with me at all, now that he was stuck with Pansy in potions.

"I did it for both of us" I explained "With both of us paired with Slytherins. There is no way Snape can fail us" I begged for forgiveness.

"Whatever. You just wanted to be paired with Draco, because you like him. I've seen you looking at him" Seamus folded his arms across his chest with a huff. A hint of jealousy in his brown eyes.

I was glad no one else was in the common room with us. True or not, the others would not appreciate any Gryffindor 'liking' a Slytherin, and especially not Draco... The most hated Slytherin of the first years.

"I don't like him, he's a jerk" I rolled my eyes, looking off into the blazing fireplace. Thinking someone is cute and liking someone is two totally different things, I convinced myself.

I looked back up at Seamus. His arms were still folded across his chest. He too was staring into the fireplace, he seemed deep in thought now like he had stopped listening to me. I really hoped me partnering with Draco over him would not hurt our friendship, and he would see the reasoning behind it. Seamus was my best friend at this school, and I needed it to stay that way. He made me laugh like no one else. He always talked about the Muggle sport, football. I didn't mind though, I loved listening to him explain the game to me. He always got so excited.

"Seamus?" I asked stepping closer to him "I really am sorry"

He snapped out of his thoughts at the sound of my voice.

"Ok, Lexi. I forgive you" He walked over and hugged me "Just this once"

I smiled and hugged him back "We better get to bed. It is getting late"

We said our goodnights, before parting ways. I headed up the staircase that led to the girls' dormitories. All the other girls were already asleep as I hopped in my four-poster bed and pulled the curtains shut around me.

I loved this bed. It was so comfy, but I still missed having my own room back at home and my own room. The only time you felt like you had some privacy at this school is when you went to the bathroom, and that was only if there weren't a bunch of senior girly-girls checking their makeup in the mirrors during class breaks.

The sound of the girls chatting and getting dressed for the day woke me from the next morning.

"Can you keep it down?" I groaned as I grabbed my pillow from under me, placing it over the top of my head.

I felt something hit my back and I looked up. Someone had thrown their pillow at me. I looked at the beds and noticed Lavender Brown's pillow was missing from her bed. It didn't take a genius to figure that one out. I grabbed her pillow and threw it back at her head.

She squealed, putting her hands up to block her face. I laughed as it hit the top of her head. The other girls laughed along with me. I was awake now and as much as I didn't want to, I got out of bed.

I got dressed in some casual jeans and a black fitted top. Today was Saturday so we did not have any classes. It was our first weekend at Hogwarts and I had no idea what people got up to around here for fun.

I met up with Seamus in the common room and we made our way down to the great hall, for breakfast together.

Seamus looked just as tired as I did. I could literally feel the bags under my eyes.

"We probably should not stay up so late anymore," Seamus, said as we sat down at the Gryffindor table.

"Mmm," I yawned "it was Friday night. It's not like we got classes today" I replied

"Yeah, you're right" My yawn had caused Seamus to yawn as well.

"Stop yawning you guys" Neville groaned muffling a yawn from across us "You're making me yawn and I'm not even tired"

I laughed at Neville. He was such a silly kid, but you just had to love him.

"Sorry Neville" I smiled sweetly at him.

Neville accepted my apology "So what are you up to today?"

I looked at Seamus and he looked at me shrugging his shoulders.

"No idea," I said through a bite of peanut butter toast.

"Move out of the way Mudblood!"

Everyone looked up from their breakfast. Draco Malfoy had just entered the hall barging past Hermione as he did. My eyes met Draco's as he looked over at all the Gryfindor's angry expressions. I don't know why, but I smiled at him when our eyes met.

"Lexi, why are you smiling at that jerk?" Seamus asked as he watched me look over at Draco.

I snapped out of my thoughts and my smile dropped. "I wasn't smiling at him" I lied "I was just thinking about our first flying lesson on Monday. I can't wait"

Seamus didn't really believe my lie but didn't push the subject anyway. We finished our breakfast and decided to follow Dean and Neville around afterward.

"So what are we doing?" Dean asked as we seemed to be wandering around the halls with no destination in mind.

"I got an idea" Seamus smiled "Meet me outside on the grass field near the forbidden forest"

At the name of the forest, Neville went pale "We are not going in there are we?" He asked Seamus. He gripped onto my arm, looking over his shoulder as if something horrible was about to appear out of nowhere and get him.

"No, don't be silly Neville. We are going to play football in the field next to it. I just got to go get my ball"

Seamus ran off heading towards the fourth floor. I shook my head; trust him to think of something like that to do. I pulled my arm free of Neville's relaxing grip.

"Guys, I really don't feel like playing sport on my day off, so I will catch up with you all later"

I left in the opposite direction. Chasing after a ball with a bunch of boys did not seem like a fun way to spend my day. And If I was being really honest, I was really lazy and completely unfit. I could just imagine the stitch in my side I would get for even running for a few minutes. Quidditch on the other hand I could see myself playing. I mean the broomstick did all the moving for you after all...No running involved.

I walked outside to the stone courtyard. There were a lot of students sitting around talking and gossiping. I spotted Lavender with some other girls, from the other houses in the far corner. I decided I would check out what they were talking about, it would probably be a good idea to have some girlfriends for when the boys played sports.

As I approached my foot got caught on something, causing me to stumble and fall forward flat on my face. I grazed all up my arms and they immediately began to sting with pain. I groaned and rolled onto my back and sat up to see what I had tripped on. A look of shock took over my look of pain when I saw Draco Malfoy sitting on the ground to the side of me with his foot right out in my way. His Slytherins friends were laughing and patting him on the back. He had stuck his foot out and tripped me on purpose.

He had a satisfied look on his face. I couldn't believe he had done that to me. Even though he is a Slytherin, I thought we could at least be kind of friendly to one another, since we had been getting along pretty good in our potions class. but not after today. I could feel the hatred towards him building up in my stomach. I wanted to punch him in his stupid face. But the embarrassment of the situation was starting to catch up to me. I could feel my eyes start to sting as tears began to well up in them.

"You should really watch where you are going, blood traitor," Malfoy howled with laughter along with the other Slytherins.

I got to my feet as the tears finally slipped down my cheeks. I could feel blood trickling down my grazed arms as I ran off, back into the castle.