12. The break up

Chapter Twelve

Here Draco and I were, alone in a deserted corridor. I knew he kept purposely trying to get me alone like this, and I was over it.

"Where did your boyfriend go?"

"He is seeing if Neville is all right," I said, avoiding looking Draco in the eyes "Not that it's any of your business"

Draco laughed "Did you see that fat lumps face during class. He is such a wimp"

I looked up to glare at him "He wasn't the one screaming out like a little girl like you did when the spider landed on you"

Draco's face fell and his eyes narrowed. He took a step towards me. I held my ground and my glare.

I had made my mind up, I wasn't going to do this again with him. I turned around and began to walk away from him. However, Draco ran after me and grabbed my arm, preventing me from leaving. "Where are you going in such a hurry?" Draco asked, his mood shifting again to a playful one.

"To see my boyfriend," I said, trying to pull my arm free from his grip unsuccessfully. Draco's grip just tightened, almost painfully.

"I'm surprised you still have a boyfriend after you practically cheated on him" Draco smirked.

"I did not!"

"Oh kiss me Draco" he mocked me, still smirking. I went red and roughly pulled my arm from his grip.

"I hate you! you're such a jerk" I growled turning to face him. For a second I thought I could see a hurt look in his eyes, but it was replaced by anger almost straight away.

Draco pushed me back roughly and slammed me up against the hard stone wall. "How dare you speak to me like that!" he growled

The pressure of Draco's body pressing me against the wall was starting to hurt my back, but I couldn't push free.

"Please get off, you're hurting me" my voice strained under the pressure.

"I want you to break up with that filthy half-blood boyfriend at dinner tonight, or I will make it so all your friends hate you. I will tell them all that happened between us" Draco whispered harshly in my ear and pulled away from me. He gave me one last glance before striding off down the hallway.

I did not understand what Draco had hoped to accomplish by forcing me to break up with Seamus, maybe he just wanted to make my life even more miserable because I called him a jerk.

I walked slowly to dinner, I knew I had to break up with Seamus or Draco would probably make a scene in front of the whole school. I knew I had to break up with him anyway. I should have already done it ages ago. Now my hand is being forced to do it in a way I do not want.

As I entered the hall, I looked over to the Slytherin table where Draco was sitting. He watched me as I entered with a satisfied smirk planted on his face. He knew he had won and was getting what he wanted.

I looked away from him and walked over to the Gryffindor table. I took my seat next to Seamus without looking at him.

"Are you ok?" He asked me, seeing the glum look on my face.

"Not really," I said, looking down at my plate.

Seamus put a hand on my shoulder "What is the matter?"

"We need to talk Seamus," I said, getting straight to the point.

"About what?"

"Us," I said simply not looking at him.