23. Dumbledore's Army

Chapter Twenty Three 

I spent most of my free time with the twins these days. We had a new defense against the dark arts teacher, Professor Umbridge. She was a nightmare and was sent here by the Minster to keep an eye on what was going on at Hogwarts. They no longer trusted Dumbledore. The worst thing was she was not teaching us any defensive spells in defense against the dark arts. The only work we did was the theory side.

I was walking with Draco by the lake after class. He had just told me he was picked by Umbridge to be apart of the Inquisitorial Squad "I can now take house points away, unlike the other prefects" Draco informed me with a smirk "So better not get on my bad side" he teased pulling me into his embrace and kissing my lips.

"Oh really, So I guess I can't call you a big fat Jerk anymore then" I poked his gut playfully.

"Better watch yourself Leigh, or you will get yourself into trouble" Draco growled in my ear.

"Back to last name bases are we?... Ok Malfoy...you jerk"

"One hundred points from Gryffindor" Draco teased. He pulled me over to the grass and pushed me back onto the ground. He grabbed both my wrist and pinned them up above my head, before pressing lips back against mine. "Do I need to punish you more?" He asked eyebrows raised, waiting for my answer.

"Yes, please punish me Draco" I kissed his lips again.

"Hey Malfoy, get off her you git!"

Draco stopped kissing me and looked up to see the Weasley twins approaching us. I gently pushed Draco off me and sat up as the twins approached.

"We need to talk to you Lexi," Fred said, his tone was rather serious. He glared at Draco "In private"

"Draco glared back "Anything you need to say to Lexi, you can say right here, right now" Draco got off the ground and stood his ground in front of the twins.

"It's ok Draco" I grabbed his arm, pulling him back from the twins. He did not take his eyes off of them while I talked. "I have to go study anyway so I will talk to you later" I pecked his cheek and followed the Twins back to the castle.

Draco was not happy about me leaving with the twins, but he did not stop me from going. The twins kept walking with me all the way until we got back to the Gryffindor common room. "So what's so important?" I asked them when we were alone.

"First you must swear you will not tell anyone, especially Malfoy what we are about to tell you. It's top-secret" I nodded and George nodded to his brother in approval to tell me the rest.

The boys told me they had all started a secret club called Dumbledore's Army. Harry was teaching everyone who knew how to defend themselves in case of attack from a dark witch or wizard...since Umbridge wasn't going to teach us. Apparently I wasn't invited to the first meeting because of my relationship with Draco.

I was a little sad I wasn't trusted from the start. But Fred and George knew I could be trusted and convinced the others to let me join.

***

I had to constantly make excuses to Draco why I couldn't meet with him whenever I had to go to a DA's meeting, that is what we were calling Dumbledore's Army for short. I knew he was suspicious of what I was getting up to.

I sat alone in the room of requirement after everyone had left. Harry had just taught us how to conjure a Patronus charm. I managed to get a slither of silver out of my wand, but not a full-on Patronus just yet. I looked around the room, this place was amazing. I really wish I could show Draco it. I didn't know if it was a good idea though because he might tell Umbridge about it. I couldn't risk us getting caught.

"Can I join you?" A familiar voice said from behind me. I turned my head, shocked to see it was Seamus.

"Um, yeah...sure" I smiled at him, and he sat down next to me.

I shifted uncomfortably, not knowing what to say. I had not spoken to Seamus in a very long time. And now here he was sitting right next to me.

"How have you been?" He asked me, breaking the awkward silence between us.

"I have been ok," I said nervously "How about you?"

"Good...yeah good, you know considering," Seamus said. We sat silently for a few minutes. I was not sure what to say. I wanted to ask him why he was speaking to me all of a sudden, but I didn't want to risk sounding rude.

"I have missed you" Seamus whispered into the silence.

My eyes went wide, and I turned to look at him. I was not expecting him to say that. I had a feeling Seamus was trying to make up with me, and hopefully wanting to be friends again.

"I have missed you too Seamus" I smiled softly at him. It was true. I had missed him. We had both acted like jerks over the last year. But I still cared for him and missed our friendship.

He placed his arm around my shoulder "Friends again?" He asked.

I nodded and smiled "friends again" I agreed.

Seamus and I left the room of requirement together and started making our way back to the Gryffindor tower.

"Hey! There's a curfew, what are you doing out of your common rooms" fast footsteps approached us from behind.

It was Draco and the other members of the Inquisitorial Squad. Draco's eyes went wide with surprise when he caught up to us and saw it was me...with Seamus.

"What are you doing here?" Draco asked "and why are you with him?" he spat, glaring at Seamus.

"We were just talking and lost track of time. I didn't realise curfew had already started" I lied.

"10 points from Gryffindor" Draco snapped "Each" He turned and glared at Seamus "Now get back to your common room Half-blood"

Seamus said nothing back to Draco. He knew there was no point. He turned to leave, and I turned to leave with him. "Not you" Draco grabbed my arm.

"Go on, Seamus. I will catch up with you later" I encourage him to leave without me. Seamus nodded and left. Once he was gone Draco ordered the other members of his squad to go patrol the halls somewhere else leaving him and me alone.

"What were you doing Lexi, and don't lie to me this time" I could see the hurt in Draco's eyes.

I sighed and hugged him "I wasn't lying, we were just talking and lost track of time"

"Is this why you have been too busy lately to spend time with me because you're spending time with him?"

"No, I swear Draco. It's not like that. Seamus and I only just talked today for the first time in over a year. He wants to be friends again...just friends" I reassured him. Apart of me really wanted to tell Draco about the DA. I wished he was on our side and not Umbridge's. I pulled Draco into a hug. He hesitated for a moment then hugged me back.

"I miss spending time with you Lexi, just the two of us," He told me.

"I promise, we will spend more time together for now on ok"

Draco nodded in agreement. Hugging me tightly.

"So..." I cleared my throat nervously "Can I have my 10 house points back"

Draco pulled back from me and laughed, then stopped suddenly with a serious look on his face "No"

I sighed, well it was worth a try.