22. A new friend

Chapter Twenty Two

Draco and I enjoyed the rest of our holidays together. We often snuck off to his room when no one was looking to make out. I never could have imagined that we would be this close to each other a couple of years ago. I knew that I was falling in love with him more and more.

When school went back after the holidays, everyone in Gryffindor was not happy about Harry sneaking his name into the Goblet of fire. Even though he had told everyone a thousand times, he did not do it.

He was sitting by himself in the corner of the common room, glaring over at Ron. Ron was on the opposite side of the common room with Seamus. I looked at Seamus and sadness washed over me. I had not spoken to him in a long time, and I found myself missing our friendship we had once had.

"Hey, Harry," I said kind of awkwardly, as I stood in front of him. I blocked his glaring match at Ron.

Harry looked up surprised, like he was not expecting anyone to ever talk to him again "Oh, hey Lexi" He said with a small smile.

"Just so you know, I believe you...You know, when you say you didn't put your name in the goblet of fire" I gave him a quick smile before walking off. I headed for the fat lady portrait. I planned to go to the hall to meet with Draco.

"Hey, Lexi. Wait up" Harry rushed to catch me before I left. I stared at him, waiting for him to speak.

"Did you want to go for a walk? Just to talk?" He asked, nervously rubbing his arm. I thought about it for a moment. I'm sure Draco wouldn't be too mad if I was a little late. After all, Harry really looked like he needed a friend right now, and I knew that feeling all too well.

"Yeah, sure" I smiled at him and we walked out of the portrait together. We headed for the lake where we knew not many people would be since it was cold outside.

"So I hear you are with Malfoy now?" Harry asked awkwardly, as we made our way around the lake.

"Um, yeah" I looked out at the lake, it was still. There was no breeze out today, but it was still quite chilly, spring was not too far away. "I know what you're thinking Harry, he's a jerk. But honestly, I see a different side to him. He is a different person when it's just me and him" I defended.

Harry nodded in understanding. I did not know if he actually cared or not, or if he was just talking to me because we are now both the hated ones in Gryffindor.

"I'm sorry about not really talking to you before, with the whole Seamus thing," Harry said "I guess I just did not really understand, but I think I do now"

"Thanks, Harry. And it is ok"

We had finally made a full lap around the lake, and when we started heading up to the school, I could see Draco standing, near the doors with his arms folded, and a glare on his face. I gulped nervously, and I could see Harry had spotted Draco too.

"Thanks for the walk, Harry. I will talk to you later" I said, and ran off ahead to get to Draco before Harry came along.

Draco opened his mouth to say something, but I grabbed his arm and dragged him inside before he could. I kept walking with him until we came to a seat around the corner in the corridor.

"What were you doing with Potter?" Draco snapped at me.

"It's not what you think, Draco" I ensured him. "He just needed someone to talk to, he's having a hard time... and I guess I could relate"

Draco was still frowning "Who cares about him, you don't need someone like him as your friend"

I grabbed hold of Draco's hand in mine and rubbed the back of his hand with my thumb soothingly "I know you don't like Harry, and well Gryffindor's in genreal, but" I started.

"I like you" Draco cut me off.

I smiled at this and continued "I need to have friends in my own house, and you will just have to accept that if we are going to be together"

Draco stood up "Fine!" He grabbed my arm and pulled me to my feet. He pressed his lips hungrily on mine. He pulled back a bit "You are my girl though, and if Potter or anyone else tries to take you away from me, they will regret it!" He pressed his lips back to mine, and I laughed into the kiss.

I kind of liked this possessive side of Draco. It was really hot. Draco grabbed my hips and pushed me up against the wall, he began kissing down my neck, biting gently as he went.

"Draco" I groaned, as I pushed him back a bit, he frowned at me "We can't do this here"

Draco looked around him, he could see no one around. "Why not?" He asked cheekily, and I shook my head and smiled at him.

"Fine" Draco replied "But it's hard to hold back after having you to myself all holidays.

***

The year came and went quickly. We watched the rest of the tri wizard tournament. Draco had taken me to the yule ball as his date and things were going great. I have three friends now, Fred, George, and Harry. Even when Harry became friends again with Ron, he still would talk to me and things had improved a lot with my other fellow Gryffindors. Unfortunately, Seamus was still not talking to me, but he was no longer giving me glares and just avoided me as much as he could.

We started our fifth year. Things had gotten a little darker around Hogwarts. After the death of Cedric Diggory things no longer felt the same. Harry had claimed it was The dark lord himself who had killed Cedric in the last round of the Tri wizard tournament. Not many people believed him. The Minister of magic claims that Harry and Dumbledore were lying about the return of the dark lord.

I believed him though, along with many of the other Gryffindors. I knew Draco was holding back what he knew about the situation. Everyone knew his father was a death eater, and if the Dark Lord was really back, his family would know about it.

Draco denied knowing anything though, any time I would confront him about it.