9. First boyfriend

Chapter Nine

Someone grabbed my arm as I walked to defense against the dark arts class. I turned to see who it was but I was roughly pulled into an empty classroom before I could see.

It was dark inside, but I could still see the figure of Draco Malfoy standing in front of me.

"What do you want?" I asked annoyed, glaring at him "You are going to make me late for class"

"Admit it! you don't pity me, you like me" He smirked at me holding my waist "I know it was all just an act in front of that disgusting half-blood"

I tried to pull away from him, but he held onto me tightly.

"I do not like you!" I tried to pull away from him again.

"You do not like Seamus either, I can tell"

"You know nothing Draco Malfoy" I frowned. It was true though I did not like Seamus that way. After the incident with the kiss this morning, I had not had a chance to talk to him. After we walked off from Draco, I told Seamus I had to get some stuff ready for class and ran off to the Gryffindor tower before he had a chance to say anything.

"I know a lot of things," Draco stepped forward, backing me up so my back was pressed up against the wall. He lent in and whispered in my ear "Like that I don't think you're ugly. And I did really enjoy your company in the hospital wing" I felt Draco's warm breath pressing against the ear, making my stomach turn from nerves.

"Why were you an ass to me at breakfast this morning then?" I asked and my voice shook slightly.

Draco pressed his body hard up against mine "Just for fun. You're cute when you're mad"

I felt his hands wander down my sides until he got to the end of my shirt; he began to lift it up slowly. I gasped as I felt his soft cold hands gently run over the skin of my stomach.

I did not stop him; I closed my eyes enjoying Draco's touch. It felt so right and I never wanted him to stop. Draco's hand continued up my shirt and gently grasped my breast over the top of my bra and my breath caught in my throat.

Draco smirked and pulled his hand out from under my shirt "See, I knew you wanted me"

He pulled back from me and left the room without another glance at me. I was left alone, feeling confused and kind of wishing he had kissed me.

After about five minutes of gathering my thoughts, I straightened myself up. I left the empty classroom and made my way to defence against the dark arts.

"You are late Miss Leigh," Professor Snape said from the front of the class.

"Where is Professor Lupin?" I asked him, confused. If I knew he was going to be our teacher I would have put more effort into not being late.

"That is none of your concern, 10 points from Gryffindor. Now take your seat"

From the front of the classroom, I could see Draco smirking at me because he knew it was his fault I was late and got into trouble.

I frowned at him and went over and sat in the empty seat next to Seamus.

"Why are you late?" He asked me. His voice filled with worry.

"I just got a little held up," I said to him with a reassuring smile.

"Will you be my girlfriend Lexi?" Seamus asked me in a whisperer. My heart felt like it stopped inside my chest. I did not know what to say. I knew I had feelings for Draco and I did not want to break my best friend's heart.

"Um..."

"Now is not the time to be asking classmates to be your girlfriend Mr. Finnigan" Snape yelled from the front of the class "Another 10 Points from Gryffindor"

Seamus looked down embarrassed as the whole class turned to look at us. From the front of the class, I could see Draco glaring at the embarrassed Seamus. It made me kind of happy that he was jealous, but I still had to give Seamus an answer. Luckily I had the rest of the class to think of what my answer would be.

*

The class had finally finished and I knew I had to give Seamus my answer.

"Yes, I will be your girlfriend" I smiled at Seamus as we walked outside the classroom. I made sure to answer just as Draco walked past us. I could see him tense as he stormed off in front of us. Seamus didn't seem to notice him however, he was too happy with my answer to notice anything going on around us. He pulled me into a tight hug "but" I continued, making Seamus pull away.

"What?" He asked, kind of scared of what conditions I would put in place.

"The moment any one of us feels that it is not working we go back to being friends. I do not want this to ruin our friendship, so we are best friends first, and boyfriend and girlfriend second"

Seamus smiled and nodded "It's a deal" he leaned in and gave me a little kiss on the lips. "Come one we better get to our next class"

I had said yes to date my best friend even though I liked someone else. After thinking about it all class I knew it would be the best thing to do. There was no point saying no, losing my best friend all for the hope that Draco would stop being a jerk to me one day and ask me out. I knew he didn't really like me, he just liked to play with my emotions. For now, I would give Seamus a chance. Who knows maybe I will develop feelings for him, he is my best friend after all.

"Trust me, Lexi, things will be great" Seamus smiled at me, as he grabbed hold of my hand. I smiled sweetly at him as we walked hand in hand to our next class.

***

Seamus and I continued to date for the rest of our third year. I found myself, often avoiding us being alone though because he would always try to kiss me. It just felt strange kissing Seamus. Like I was kissing my brother. Draco did not corner me again but continued to glare at us whenever he saw us and often there insults our ways as well.

I often thought of just breaking up with Seamus, but even though he promised we would be friends again if we broke up, I knew things would not be the same between us again if we did.