20. Diagon Ally

Chapter Twenty

"Draco, your father is home from work" Draco's mother knocked on his bedroom door. "We are going to have dinner now"

Draco nodded and grabbed my hand leading me out of his room, and down the stairs.

"Hello Father," Draco said politely as we entered the dining room.

"Draco" He nodded, and his eyes then landed on me "Who is this?" He asked with a sickly smile.

"This is Lexi," Draco said as we took our seats next to each other at the table. I felt very nervous about Draco's father's eyes on me. It was like he was judging me, determining if I was good enough for his son or not.

"A Slytherin?" He asked, and I nodded, hoping I was convincing enough.

"Very good," He said nodding in approval, "and what are you?" He asked. I looked at him confused, not sure what he meant by that.

"She is pure blood, father" Draco answered for me.

The house-elves entered the dining room and placed a plate of food in front of all of us. "Who are your parents?" He asked me.

"Beth and David Leigh," I told him.

"I went to school with your father. I am so sorry to hear about what happened to him in Azkaban. I guess he was just not strong enough to survive that place" I could tell he was not actually sorry by the tone of his voice. If anything he seemed amused by it all.

I never answered Draco's father back and continued to eat my dinner, feeling very uncomfortable. I liked Draco's mother, but I did not like Draco's father one bit. He made me feel very uncomfortable, and now I kind of understand why Draco is the way he is.

*

Draco and I headed off upstairs after dinner, and we went and sat in his room. "Sorry about all the questions my father asked you," Draco said. He could sense that I was not in a good mood after dinner with his father.

"It's ok Draco. It is not your fault" I sighed and got up "I think I am going to have an early night, and go to bed now" I told him.

Draco grabbed my arm, preventing me from leaving "You can stay in here with me tonight. No one will even know" Draco said with a smirk.

I shook my head "I don't think that is such a good idea Draco" I pulled my arm free of him, and leaned over placing a gentle kiss on his cheek "Goodnight"

I left his room and went next door to where I was staying. I could tell Draco was disappointed I was not staying with him tonight. I just did not want him to think I was easy, and that he could get me to do anything he wanted.

***

The next morning I was relieved to see Draco's father had already left for work by the time we went down for breakfast. "How was your first night, dear," Mrs. Malfoy asked me.

I smiled at her "It was good, thank you"

"I will be going into Diagon Alley today if you two would like to join me?"

I looked at Draco to see what he thought of the idea. He looked back at me and could see I wanted to go.

"Yeah, sure," Draco said.

*

We got ready for the day, and went over to the large open fireplace, in the Malfoy's living room. Mrs. Malfoy gave us both a handful of Floo powder, and she went first.

"Ladies first" Draco led me to the fireplace, and I stepped inside.

"See you there," I said "Diagon Alley"

Whoosh. I went swirling out of the fireplace, feeling very dizzy and landed on my feet in another fireplace. I walked out of the fireplace, to see I was in Flourish and Blotts.

Draco landed behind me and walked out of the fireplace. Neither of us was covered in any dirt from the trip. I guessed that they brought the very expensive floo powder that keeps you clean while traveling.

"Alright, well I got some things I need to get for Christmas. I will meet you both back here at lunch" Mrs. Malfoy walked off, leaving Draco and me alone.

"Where did you want to go?" I asked Draco.

He grabbed my hand "follow me" He pulled me outside the shop, and into the crowded street. He led me through the people, to the other side of the Alley.

"Down here," Draco said. H he began to pull me down a flight of stairs. I pulled my arm from his grip.

"I am not going down there," I said, taking a step back. A sign above the stairs read Knockturn Alley.

"Why not?" Draco asked "I won't let anything bad happen to you" he promised, holding out his hand for me to take.

"You can go. I am not!" I said, turning and walking off in the opposite direction. After a few steps, I turned my head to look over my shoulder, to see if Draco would follow me. However, he did not. I sighed. He could be such a jerk sometimes. I headed back up the Alley by myself.

"Hey Lexi"

I turned to see the Weasley family, standing behind me. I was not sure if it was Fred or George who yelled out to me, but I was happy to see them.

"Hey" I smiled at them both. I walked over to them.

"Who are you with?" Fred asked me, looking over my shoulder to see if anyone else was with me.

"Uh, Draco," I said awkwardly, and they nodded. Ron snorted at me in disgust and walked off with the rest of his family. Fred, George, and I were now alone.

"Don't worry about him. He's an idiot" George smiled at me, and I nodded agreeing with him.

"So where has Malfoy run off too, leaving you here alone?" Fred asked.

"Knockturn Alley" I shrugged like it was no big deal.

"Come on then, you can hang out with us," George said, placing his arm around my shoulder, leading me away, and Fred followed.