Chapter 6

----

I woke up being gently shaken awake. My head felt like a balloon and I definitely did NOT want to open my eyes.

"Come on, you need to wake up." A voice whispered to me, shaking me a tad bit harder this time. My eyes fluttered open, being blinded by the peachy, orange light that poured in through the windows. I heard a sigh of relief come from above me, I brought my attention to meet dark eyes.

A familiar feeling washed over me, getting lost after a few seconds. My eyes tried to shut again but something kept them open. I sat straight up, not long before I felt sharp pain in my side. I went back down. My heart was pounding and I wanted to get out.

The dark room felt to of been closing in on me, the light not helping at all. "You need to relax or you'll hurt yourself even more." He told me, lightly feeling my forehead.  "I'm here, and I'm not going to hurt you anymore then I already have. I promise."

"You've promised me so many damn times already, what makes now so different?" I didn't care what happened to me, I didn't forget anything. I defended Daniel when I knew I shouldn't of and Luke pushed me.

"I've already hit rock bottom, I can't go any further Paige. Your going to stay here with me until you feel better. Unless you want Luke arrested then you need to stay here."

-

I sat on the couch in the same room I woke up in earlier, now it was night and a small lamp lit up the room, barely. He sat next to me awkwardly fiddling with his hands.

"Why would he do that to me Daniel?" I asked him breaking the silence that has over came us both. "He's not that type of person."

"I don't know Paige. I wish I did. I'm sure he regrets it a lot. It's my fault all of this happened."

I looked at him right in the eyes. "Your not a bad person you know." I told him, he looked away.

"I'm clouds on a  canvas."

With hope in my eyes he looked at me again. "I'll just paint you a clear blue sky then."

He smiled before frowning again. His eyes filled with happiness, yet confusion.

"Why would you help me, the guy who put you through the most pain in your life?"

"I'll never not help you."

-

The sun burned down onto the pavement as I walked with my head down. Me and Luke decided to talk out the incident that happened the other day. I spent the past nights at Daniel's apartment which is not far at all from the university.

Questions still burned in my mind that I needed to ask Daniel, yet the right time hasn't came up yet.

I walked up to the blonde boy who sat against a brick wall. The pizza place sat empty and closed this early in the day.

"You better get talking boy." I told him assertively. Hesitantly I sat next to him. Silence was between us for the moment.

"You defended the man who ruined you the most." He stared off watching cars drive by. "The man who tore you a part for months, only to come back to wreck you more."

"Obviously he did something right if I cared about him that much to defend him, meanwhile you knocked me out." I rolled my eyes at him.

He slammed his hand down onto the pavement.

"What am I doing wrong that your choosing him over me? I was the one here for you all alone, I had one slip! You still keep choosing him." He whined, covering his face with him hands.

"He was the one there for me when no one else was."

"Fine then."

"What if you hurt me again Luke! Something isn't working out and I think we should break up until you decide how you want to go about."

He stood up, looking down at me. Eyes tearing up I saw his pain. I wasn't going to break.

"You! You is how I want to go about!"

"Sometimes goodbye is a second chance." I said to him, looking down. I tried to stay strong sitting there. I stood up, looked him in the eyes. "Goodbye Luke."

-

I had walked away from the best I ever had, and I sure hoped that wasn't the final goodbye.

////

Updated after 100 years.... Lol.