Chapter 20(The Final Chapter)

-----

Life was coming together well and the summer was off to a full swing. Luke and I laughed as we walked through the woods to the same spot, a year ago we sat and marked our revolution.

The carving was still in the tree, to forever be there until the tree no longer is....

We began our revolution on the early days of September, September 3rd to be exact. That happened to be the same date that the American Revolutionary War ended on those many years ago. It ends when our story ends, because although the battles may be over for now... We will be the ones surrendering over and over again until our time is done.

To compare our love story to a revolution is a unique way of thanking the one who brought of together. Old friend, old rival, history teacher, Daniel Forris. Although a cringe worthy past with this man who happens to never be able to keep his word , he held us at a stand point many times. He was the one that kept coming back to egg on the war.

He was the one who brought us together with a bet that of course he won. History was what pulled us together and we had hoped to one day make our own history, and that's what we did thanks to Daniel.

Assigned seats. You may think they are terrible now when your sat next to someone you hate, yet just wait because the outcomes are something unimaginable. You may not see it now, but give it time and you'll be able to make your own history.

"We got sat together, we graduated together..... What's next for us?" He asked me full of hope just thinking about his future. A future which seemed so dark and far away not long ago.

A light had appeared at the end of this tunnel, one that was hidden my whole first year of college. I was once out of my mind.

"We are going to get married, then live happily ever after with a few wars in between." I giggled as he leant down to kiss my forehead.

All the different generals that came in and out of the war from time to time compare to all the people we were friends with, to the people that came into our lives. From my roommates, to Brooklyn who has been here.

A record that was one for the history books. Just a number they said, at the time that was way more than just a number. It was a symbol.

The past played a key role in my senior year and freshman year in college. History being what shaped me, into a person who is as brave as the veterans those many years ago, and today.

Parties, drinking, sex. Something to familiar to the everyday high schooler, yet all those are just other battles that happened to make Luke and I into who we are at this moment.

Who we are today, and who we will be a month from now.

We live in a world of constant change and as a human you will have to learn to adapt to all the problems that will come your way.

-

"Luke someone's going to call the cops!" I warned him as he shushed me, holding onto my hand tightly as we snuck through a slightly cracked window in a class room at the school. "Ugh why am I doing this?" I asked myself as he led me out of one of the Spanish rooms. He led me through the school until we reached a familiar hallway, extremely familiar.

"It's fine babe, I have a key." He said reaching into his pocket and pulling out a single key. A smirk was plastered onto his face.

"Where the heck is that to!" I scolded him as he walked closer to a door. "Never mind."

I stared at the door, closing my eyes for a moment. In the dark school hallway it didn't make a difference. I saw myself walking in for the first day, not knowing what to expect having my cousin as my teacher. "Nothing was ever changed he told me." Luke mumbled as I heard the door click open. I opened my eyes again.

He flicked the light on and as they all flickered on I looked around to see everything in the classroom. The two desks in the back that were calling my name. Luke let go of my hand letting me walk towards them. I pulled out the chair, glancing at the board. Slowly I lowered myself into the seat.

Looking around everything came back to me. Every moment, every word. Every day, every week. The emptiness from when Daniel left, straight from the moment I got the job coaching. All the way from the moment Daniel told us 'I bet by the end of this year you two will be dating.'

All of it.

If I closed my eyes I could just see Daniel slamming the texts books onto the desk on the first day, telling us to line up and take one. That happened right after Michael thought me and Daniel were .... Dating?

"Remember when I slammed my notebook on my desk, and Daniel said that nobody is getting slammed in this classroom?" Luke asked and I opened my eyes, he was standing next to me.

"Yeah why?" I asked him and he began to smirk.

"I think we can break that little rule." He mentioned casually.

I looked at him wide eyed. "Your serious right now aren't you?" I asked him.

"Well this is where we began the revolution so....." I cut him off by slamming my lips onto his.

"I fine with that." I whispered as our lips graced each others.

That was that, and that's the end. We end it where we began it.

All in a school classroom with a little too much history behind it now.

//

EPILOGUE COMING SOON.