Chapter 13

-------

By the time that a Friday rolled around again an uneasy feeling had made its home in my stomach. I wasn't showing much, practically at all and I was just going day by day.

Although, I did end up going to a doctor to verify my pregnancy I knew I had to get a plan. How on earth was I going to balance a love life with LUKE, college, and living 1,000 miles away from home. I wanted a career and by this I was wasting my life.

"Someone is here for you Paige." Janine peeked her head into the dorm room where I was reviewing for a test. It was late October now and the chill in the air was nothing compared to how cold it would be back home.

Part of me is glad that Daniel is here since I have a piece of home away from home, other than that there has been nothing but cracks in the road since I saw him. I will never forget the day in the grocery store.

I nodded at Janine standing up, guessing it was Daniel. With my luck I was completely wrong, I approached the door to see Luke standing there, a cheeky grin and a bouquet of flowers. The biggest thing wrong with this picture is that I'm pregnant with a kid that isn't his and he still doesn't know.

"Luke!" I cheered running up to him, faking my happiness. "Your here!"

"I'm here." He replied a sly smile on his face, his eyes blood shot from lack of sleep. "I know it's not much but here." He held out the flowers to me. I smiled taking them and leading him into my dorm.

"Thank you so much Luke!" I placed them on my desk for now realizing that I don't have a vase. "What made you decide to come here Luke?" Obvious apprehension filled my words like a flood had overcame them.

"Eh, just thought I'd come down for the weekend to maybe surprise you and look at some places." Luke replied to me.

The millions of different ways that Luke could react to what I had to tell him haunted me.

"Yay! We can finally spend some well needed time together then Luke!"

"What's wrong?" He asked me in a now extremely serious tone, the smile on his face dropped fairly quickly. "You keep saying my name after everything your saying."

"What? Oh I'm fine Luke! I'm just shocked that your here, that's all Luke." I said using Luke at the end once again. Stopping myself I looked down, "Let's go get some fresh air and talk."

Luke nodded, staring at me in pure confusion. I sure hope he loved me enough not to walk away from us at a time like this.

As we walked down the horribly paved sidewalk he held my hand, tightly. My heart was pounding inside my chest like it was about to jump out and run away. As I glanced around at all the cars driving by it felt as if the world had been closing in on me.

I focused my glance ahead of me, trying to do everything I could to not collapse to the ground. I knew it was time to tell him.

"Luke...." I stopped walking, turning to face him. His grasp on my hand loosened a tad bit. Staring up into his eyes guilt washed over me. "I'm pregnant." The small smile that he had before faded and he dropped my hand, taking a step back.

"Your.... Wh-what?" He softly asked slowly closing his eyes, he held them closed for a minute before he looked at me again. "Do you know the father?" Luke's once happy sparkle in his eyes turned into water of tears.

Looking down I closed my eyes tightly, not wanting to say the name as if it were a poison. "Daniel." He raised his hand as if he was going to hit me, I flinched looking away.

Next thing I knew his hand settled on my shoulder. "You thought I...... You thought I was going to hit you?" Painfully I brought myself to look at him, he seemed even more hurt now that I thought he was going to hit me

"Yes." I squeaked out as quietly as I ever could've.

"I'm not mad at you Paige, I couldn't be.... We were on a break and you spent your time doing other things, well ..... Other people should I say."

I looked at him in disbelief at his words. "Your not mad at me for sleeping with Daniel and not using a condom?" I clarified what I was asking. "Your not mad at all."

"Paige, your going to be a mother." The corners of his lips rose slightly yet in his eyes I could see the hurt. He leant down to kiss me. Our lips were just millimeters apart  when he whispered to me. "As long as you don't leave me." He pressed his soft pink lips to mine.

I pulled away hesitantly. "Thank you." I leant back into the kiss.

-

We walked hand and hand around the campus, I leant my head against his shoulder.

"So your going to be a mother eh." He asked me as we walked.

"I guess so." I smiled watching shadows overcome the sidewalk as the sun was slowly setting. "You'll basically be the father, just not by DNA."

"Really?" Luke asked me looking down at me, kissing my head.

"If you want."

"I'd love too." He paused for a moment before talking again. "How are you going to tell your parents.... They aren't going to take this lightly, especially finding out about Daniel."

"It won't be easy but I think they'll come around eventually. I hope at least. Luke?" I asked him. He looked at me to continue on. "Thank you for not leaving me."

"I'm not going to waste my time losing you again. It's not worth it, and it will never be worth it." We began to walk towards the entrance of my dorm. "Stay with me in my hotel tonight, I miss you."

-

Later that night crawling into bed next to Luke felt great, he wrapped his arms around me pulling me into him. I rested my head against his bare chest as he still stunk of his cologne.

Home.

home
hōm/
noun
1.
the place where one lives permanently, especially as a member of a family or household.

Luke was my home and I never wanted to leave him again.

"Luke?" I questioned him.

"Hm?" He replied with.

"April 19th 1775, it all began with the battles of Lexington and Concord." I began hoping he knew to finish.

Following my lead, Luke went on. "On the night of April 18, 1775, General Gage sent 700 men to seize munitions stored by the colonial militia at Concord. Many riders including Paul Revere alerted the surrounding areas so when British troops entered Lexington on the morning of April 19, they found 77 Minutemen formed up. Shots were exchanged, killing several Minutemen......"

"You remembered."

"How could I ever forget."

//

Another short chapter needless to say I'm bringing songs back for the chapters starting on 14 since I was suppose to do it before yet never did. We are roughly halfway through this book so hopefully it'll be done by mid July at the earliest.