Chapter 7

-----

Finally the weekend had arrived and I was ready to spend it not having to worry about anything. I picked up my cellphone, dialing the number that belonged to Isaac.

Mine as well tell everyone that Luke and I were over for the time being.

The phone rang a few times before I heard it pick up on the other end.

"Hey Paige! How've you been? Not too hungover right?" Isaac asked, laughing at his own stupid joke.

"Pretty good actually.... No I'm not hungover you doofus." I told him. "Actually I was just about to go over to Daniel's, but I just wanted to call and tell you that me and Luke broke up."

The words flooded out of my mouth, and before I realized what I had said it was too late for me to change it.

"Wait what?" He asked. "Daniel?"

Completely skipping over the fact that me and Luke is over he asked. My mind was wandering and at this moment I knew I was screwed.

"Fuck." I whispered into the phone. Looking up to see if anyone was around. I kept walking, now a little bit faster. My feet taking me to my destination just as they did when I got the school record.

"Paige? Are you ok? What are you talking about?" He asked as I said nothing after 'fuck'.

I shook my head as if he could see me, but once again nope.

"Uh uh, nothing. I'm going to my roommates brothers for a family party."

"Oh, have fun..... Sorry about you and Luke, that sucks."

Saved.

"Thanks Isaac, it's all good though I'm surviving. I'll talk to you later, let Karen know when you see her."

"No problem, I will. Adios doof." He hung up on the other end and I walked down the street up to the door of Daniel's apartment.

I rang the doorbell and waited, dialing my moms number as I waited for Daniel to let me in.

As my mom answered, saying hello, Daniel opened the door and I waved at him while walking in. He smiled, not saying anything since I was on the phone.

I placed myself on his couch that sunk in at the middle, Daniel stood in the corner straightening books on an old bookshelf that looked like it was from the junk yard. The top shelf caved in with everything slanted on it.

As me and my mom talked I casually brought up the conversation of Luke. Snapping my fingers to try and get Daniel's attention without saying his name. He turned around, I waved him over.

He took a seat next to me.

"So the main reason I called you is to let you know that me and Luke broke up the other morning." I awkwardly told her, looking at Daniel's reaction which was just him nodding his head understandably while looking down.

It cut out for a moment on the other end, probably from the distance we were making the call.

"Oh wow. Are you ok? I'm sorry to hear that."

I pushed my hair back as if fell forward. "Don't worry about me mom, I'm actually doing really good. It didn't affect me that much."