I Care About You

Frodo and Sam sat quietly in the living room of Bag End, near the blazing flames of the fireplace. It was a dreadfully cold night. Sam was deep in thought.

"Sam?"

"Yes, Mr. Frodo?"

"What's on your mind?"

"Oh, it's nothin', Mr. Frodo. I was just daydreamin'."

"About what?"

"Nothin'."

"Come on, Sam." Frodo grinned. "You don't have to be embarrased. Go on, tell me."

Sam shook his head and chuckled quietly. "I was just thinking about....how lucky I am to have you as my best friend. You've done so much for me, and.....and I wanted to repay you, somehow."

"Dear Sam," Frodo said in a quiet tone. "You don't have to do that."

"Why not, Mr. Frodo?" Asked Sam.

"Because you are my best friend. The only way you can repay me is with your friendship."

Sam blushed. "Oh, my goodness. Thank you, Mr. Frodo."

"Your face is as red as a strawberry, Sam." Frodo chuckled. "Say, Aren't those your favorite fruits?"

"Yes, they sure are. I wish I had some right about now." Sam added. He faced Frodo and stared deep into his mesmerizing blue eyes. It was like he was hypnotized or put under a wizard's spell. Sam could stop looking at them. He let out a quiet gasp.

"Is something wrong, Sam?" Frodo asked him. He waved his hand over Sam's face, getting his attention. "Sam?"

"Oh, Sorry, Mr. Frodo. My mind was somewhere else." Sam shook his head.

"Sam." Chuckled Frodo. His voice grew into a whisper.

"Yes?"

"I know you were staring at my eyes."

"You knew?" Sam felt embarrassed and he turned away from his best friend

"You knew?" Sam felt embarrassed and he turned away from his best friend. He covered his hand over his eyes. "I knew I shouldn't have done that. I've made a fool out of myself." He muttered.

Frodo placed his hand over Sam's shoulder and shook him gently, getting his attention.

"Sam, it's alright." He reassured. Frodo's voice was as light and soft as velvet. "I know you love my eyes. Tell me, what do you think of them?"

"They're....They're...." Sam stuttered. "So Blue. It's somethin' about your eyes, Mr. Frodo, that make me feel...."

"Feel like what, Sam?" Frodo grinned

"Feel like what, Sam?" Frodo grinned. He let out a little chuckle.

"Like I'm under a spell." Sam continued. "If only I had eyes like yours...."

"Oh, Sam."

Frodo cradled Sam's hands into his own. He found that they were surprisingly cold. "Brr," He shivered. "Your hands are as cold as ice. Here, let me warm them up for you."

He rubbed them in between both of his delicate hands. Sam thought that they felt soft, almost like cotton.

"There we are. Hmm, it's getting pretty late. Would you like to sleep over, Sam?"

"Oh, I don't know." Sam hesistated.

"Come on, Sam. I insist. You look like you could use some rest. I'm sure that the Old Gaffer wouldn't mind you staying over for the evening. Please, Sam. I insist. It's the least I could do.

"Oh, alright, Mr. Frodo." Sam smiled. "Where am I going to sleep?"

Frodo lifted Sam gently off of his chair and ruffled his hair. "Come on. I will show you to your room." He took one of Sam's hands and led him down one of the hallways to one of the guest bedrooms.

After Frodo found Sam some nightclothes to wear, he showed him to his bed, covering him with the comforter, tucking him in, snugly.

"Mr. Frodo, you don't have to do this. I think I can manage." Sam insisted. Frodo shook his head. "No, Sam. I'm going to take care of you."

Frodo scooted over to where Sam's head lay. He ran his hands comfortingly through the hobbit's blonde curls. Sam gazed into Frodo's eyes and smiled. "Mr. Frodo." He said, under his breath.

"I hope that this will be comfortable for you, Sam." Frodo smiled sincerely at his dearest friend.

Frodo held onto Sam's wide shoulders protectively and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth

Frodo held onto Sam's wide shoulders protectively and rocked him back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. "Fr...Frodo."

Sam yawned and looked up at Frodo. before falling into a deep sleep. "Get some sleep, Sam." Frodo whispered. "You work awfully hard in my garden each and every day. You could use the rest. Sam chuckled softly to himself.

Frodo stroked Sam's hair back with the palm of his hand. He gently held onto Sam's hands, kissing them. Then, he gave him a soft peck on the forehead.

"Get some sleep, my dearest Sam."