The Only Family I Have

On a quiet evening in Bag End, I was sitting at the end of my bed, all dressed up in my nightdress. I was patiently waiting for Frodo to come and tuck me into bed.
A few minutes later, Frodo knocked on my bedroom door and opened it slowly. There was a wide smile on his face. "Hello, dear.", he said, in a soft tone of voice. "May I come in?" I nodded my head.
Frodo stepped into the room and sat down beside me on my bed. He placed a hand on my shoulder. "Looks like it's time for bed, Sweetheart.", he said to me, with a big grin upon his face. "Alright." I grinned right back at Frodo.
I hopped off the end of my bed. Frodo lifted the sheets and the comforter off of my bed. "You must be very tired.", he chuckled. I let out a loud yawn. "I sure am."
I hopped right into my bed and let Frodo tuck the bedsheets and the comforter around my waist, snugly. Frodo sat down beside me and began to speak. "It's been a long day hasn't it?", he asked me. "Yep. It sure has.", I responded.
Frodo brushed my hair back gently over my ears. I gazed longingly into his bright blue eyes. "Hey, Frodo. Can I tell you something?" "Of course you can.", Frodo responded, with a soft chuckle.
"I'm really happy that you adopted me. You're the best adoptive father any girl could ask for."
"Oh, thank you, my love. I'm happy, too.", Frodo smiled back at me.
"Frodo, I don't know what I could have done without you. I don't know what I could have done if you hadn't have found me in that forest. You're the only family that I have here."
"I don't know what I could have done without you, either. You mean the world to me.", Frodo grinned.
"What will happen if I ever lose you, Frodo?", I asked him, in a quiet voice. Frodo shook his head. "You will never ever lose me. I promise."
He looked down at the heart shaped gold locket that was hanging from my neck. It was a gift that he gave me a few months after Frodo brought me in to live with him. He carefully clutched the locket in his right hand and gazed at me with his baby blue eyes. I was completely mesmerized by them. They were absolutely beautiful.
"I promise. I promise.", Frodo whispered in my ear. He leaned closer to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. Frodo kissed me softly on my left temple. "I think it's time to get some rest, darling." "Alright, Frodo.", I replied.
Frodo leaned me back into my bed and kissed me on the cheek. "Goodnight.", he cooed. "Have sweet dreams." "Goodnight, Frodo.", I said, in a groggily voice.
Frodo began to sing me a lullaby. A song that he learned from his Uncle Bilbo.
"The Road Goes Ever On and On,
Down From the door where it began,
Now far ahead the road has gone
And I must follow if I can
Pursuing it with eager feet
Until it joins some larger way
Where paths and errands meet
And whither then?
I cannot say."
The song sounded absolutely beautiful when Frodo sang it. His voice was so soft, so tender, and so angelic.
He kissed me one last time on the cheek and blew out the candle that stood on my nightstand.