An Unexpected Visitor

Early in the morning, Frodo and I had gathered at the kitchen table, enjoying a delectable breakfast that Frodo had made. It consisted of hot cakes, apples, fresh oatmeal, bacon, sausages, different kinds of cheeses and a loaf of bread, that had come right out of the oven.
After taking a bite out of a piece of bread, my mouth had felt dry. I was parched. I asked Frodo if there was any milk left in the pantry. All of a sudden, Frodo's eyes lit up. He had forgotten to bring in the milk that had been set on the front porch. In the Shire, the milkman usually arrives on Monday and Friday mornings. "Oh, dear! I forgot the milk!" Frodo exclaimed. He thought that if the milk had been left out too long in the sun, it would spoil. "Brianna, could you be a dear and fetch the milk for me, please?" I nodded my head in response to Frodo.
I rose from the table and marched over to the front door. As I opened the door, I spotted the glass milk bottle and picked it up. To my surprise, Merry was standing right in front of me. I was shocked. What was he doing here so early in the morning?
"Oh, h-hi, M-Merry." I stammered. "N-Nice to see you." I took a couple of steps back and stared down at the porch, nervously. My cheeks turned a bright shade of pink. There was a large lump in my throat. "Nice to see you, too." Merry replied. Merry moved in closer to me. We were standing face to face. Merry placed his hand on my shoulder and grinned. "How's my angel, today?" he asked me, in a soft tone of voice. "G-G-Great, I guess." I stuttered.
Merry placed his index finger underneath my chin and tickled it, gently. He chuckled, quietly. "Aww. I love it when you're all nervous. Why don't you give old Merry a kiss, hmm? Come on." "I...I don't know." All of a sudden, Merry took a hold of my hand and kissed it. I chuckled, nervously. He moved closer to me. His lips came into contact with mine and he kissed me, affectionately.
After he let go, Merry took a hold of my hand and he fixed his gaze on me. "What are you doing here so early in the morning?" I asked him, nervously. "Oh, nothing, really. I was bored so I just thought I'd come over and pay you a visit." "That's sweet of you, Merry, but Frodo and I are having our breakfast. I could ask Frodo if you could...." "Join you for breakfast? That would be wonderful!" Merry interrupted.
All of a sudden, Merry dashed into Bag End in the blink of an eye. I tried to get Merry's attention, but it was too late. "No, I was going to say that..." I let out a loud, anxious sigh. "Oh, never mind." I ran to the kitchen, with the bottle of lukewarm milk in my hand.
Merry had already joined Frodo at the kitchen table. Frodo was in a bit of a shock when he saw Merry. "Merry? What are you doing here?" he asked him, skeptically. Merry had a wide grin on his face. His cheeks turned a bright shade of red. "Brianna told me that I could come over for breakfast. Didn't you, Brianna?" Merry and Frodo looked back at me. I waved my hands frantically in front of me. "N-No! No, no, no! Frodo, I didn't! I swear! I didn't!"
My heart was beating, rapidly. My hands began to tremble. "Frodo, you have to believe me!" I panicked. Frodo got up from the table and he placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry, my dear." he reassured. "I believe you. I believe you."
Frodo walked back to the kitchen table and he stood in front of Merry, who was already helping himself to some bread and cheese. Frodo waved his hand in front of Merry's face to get the hobbit's attention. "Merry. Merry."
Merry looked up at Frodo with an unsure look upon his face. "What is it, Frodo?" he said, naively. Frodo shook his head in disbelief and let out a soft sigh. He tried his best to be frank with Merry. "I am sorry, Merry, but you have to leave. That was very inappropriate of you to barge into my home like that. I'm sorry. Maybe, you can come over, at another time. I'm sorry. You must go."
Merry buried his face in his hands and grumbled to himself, in disappointment. "Fine. I'll go." He got up from the table and snatched up a couple halves of bread and some cheese. Before he made it to the door, I placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "It's alright, Merry. Maybe you can come over another time." Merry shook his head. "Yeah, right. Another time."
Merry turned around and gave me a quick peck on my forehead. "Goodbye." he said, abruptly. He ran over the front door and slammed it shut. I shivered in fear and took a couple of steps back. I clutched both of my hands and held them behind my back.
Frodo came up behind me and massaged my back, soothingly with the palm of his hand. "Come, m'dear. Let's finish our breakfast." I shook my head. "No, it's alright, Frodo. I wasn't that hungry, anyway." "Are you sure you are not hungry?" "Yeah, I'm sure. I'll just...just...hang around in the living room and...and...read a book...or something." I shrugged my shoulders and I fixated my gaze on the floor.
Frodo cupped his right hand underneath my chin. His heavenly blue eyes sparkled and shined brightly, like a thousand twinkling stars in the night sky. Frodo spoke in a calm and soothing voice. "I bet you that I can put a smile back on that beautiful face. How about I make some tea and biscuits?" My luminous green eyes followed Frodo's ocean eyes. A smile grew on my face.
"You...you would do that?" I asked, timidly. "I would do anything for you, Bri. Anything." Frodo and I embraced each other, tightly. "Oh, Frodo. Thank you." Frodo chuckled, quietly. "You are very welcome. Say, would you still like to join me for breakfast?" "Sure!" I replied, cheerfully. I followed Frodo to the kitchen and we sat and finished our breakfast in peace.