The Way I Love You

Merry and I were just walking back from the Eastfarthing Woods. The sky was a bright orange with hints of purple and blue. I could see stars up above, shining brightly like little fireflies. When I wasn't looking, Merry firmly clutched onto my right hand. I gazed at him with a wide-eyed expression on my face. "Wh-what are you doing?" I stuttered.
A grin quickly grew on Merry's face. He stopped and slowly walked up to me. We were standing face to face with each other. I turned away and fixated my gaze on the dusty, brown path below me.
All of a sudden, Merry grabbed a hold of my arms and pulled me closer to him. I quickly grew anxious. My heart was pounding like a drum. It felt like there were butterflies in my stomach.
Merry placed both of his hands on my pale cheeks and whispered in my ear. "You're so beautiful. Don't you forget that." He leaned in and kissed me on my lips. Just as he was about to get deeper, I stiffened up like a rock. "N-no, thank you." I stuttered. "Didn't you want me to kiss you?" asked Merry. "Yeah. But, not like that." "What do you mean?" Merry was bewildered. "It's just that whenever you get too close, it feels really uncomfortable. Sorry." I slowly shrugged my shoulders. "Don't take it personally. I love you, Merry. You know that I do."
"It seems like you don't trust me, Brianna."
Merry crossed his arms, in frustration. I waved my hands, frantically. "No, no, no, no. I trust you, Merry. I know you mean well. I'm fine with you kissing me and all. But, I'm just afraid that if you get too close, you might....might..."
"Might what?" I shook my head. I didn't really feel comfortable talking about 'you know what' in front of Merry. Of course I love Merry but I know I would never do anything that I didn't feel comfortable doing or that Frodo wouldn't approve of. And it's not really in my nature. I just don't feel that way about Merry. I would love to get married and everything, but I just don't want to have any kids. Bleh! It's hard to explain asexuality to a hobbit. But, I'm sure that, maybe one day, Merry will understand and will love me for who I am. I think that it's better to love someone in an emotional kind of way rather than a physical way. But, that's just my opinion. I'm sure he will understand. Hopefully.
"Nevermind. It's not important." I continued. Merry smiled and forgot about the conversation, like it never even happened. It was like it was totally erased from his memory. "Anyway, I'll see you again tomorrow. Goodnight, Merry." Merry embraced me and gently placed his hands upon the temples of my forehead. He kissed it softly and lovingly. "Goodnight, my lovely one. See you tomorrow."