My Precious

"Precious....precious.", I heard an ominous voice whisper in my ear. Everything was dark and cold. "Precious.....my precious." It sent chills down my spine. I felt something cold and bony grab my wrist. "Precioussss.", the voice whispered again. I saw a dark silhouette standing in front of me. A pale figure crawled out of the darkness and gazed at me with pale blue eyes. It was Frodo. He looked weary and corrupted.
His skin was a yellowish-white. There were large, black bags under his eyes. He had lost most of his curly, black hair. He had sharp, brown claws and fangs growing in his mouth. I could see dark blue and red veins in his forehead. He crawled towards me on his hands and knees. "F-F-Frodo? I-Is that y-y-you?", I shuddered with fear.

"Precious? Is that you, precious?", Frodo hissed

"Precious? Is that you, precious?", Frodo hissed. "F-F-Frodo it's me. It's your adoptive daughter. It's Brianna. D-D-Don't you r-r-remember who I am?", I shuddered. Frodo gazed at me with pitiful eyes. He took a hold of my hand. His hand was as cold as ice.
"F-F-Frodo, it's me." I stepped back a few paces. My heart was paralyzed with fear. My stomach felt sore and a nauseating feeling came over me. Frodo continued to crawl towards me.
"Precious? Precious?", he wheezed. "F-F-Frodo, you're not yourself.", I trembled. "Don't you remember me?" We gazed into each other's eyes. "S-Stay away, precious...", Frodo murmured. He turned away from me and began to whimper. I could hear him hiss softly as he cried.

 I could hear him hiss softly as he cried

"Sss....Stay away, precious. Don't come near us. Please.", Frodo coughed. He continued to crawl away from me. "Please, come back. Don't leave me.", I sobbed, softly. Frodo looked back at me and then he suddenly disappeared. I felt something grab me violently and pull me into the darkness.
I awakened from my dream and let out an awful scream. My heart was racing, sweat was heading down from my forehead, my hands were shaking and tears quickly streamed down my cheeks. I heard the sound of footsteps approaching. Frodo opened up my door and saw me shaking in my bed. He rushed up to me and sat at my bedside.

There was a concerned expression on his face

There was a concerned expression on his face. He placed a comforting hand on my shoulder. "Brianna, Brianna, my dear. What happened? I heard you scream.", he spoke, softly.
"I...I....had a....horrible....nightmare.", I choked. Frodo wrapped an arm around me and pulled me into his chest. "Shh, shh, shh.", Frodo soothed. "Shhh, it's alright. It's over now." "Oh, F-F-Frodo.", I whimpered. "It...it was so horrible." "Shhh, I know. I know." "I...I...saw you.....and....you....looked like....Gollum.You...were...a...m-m-monster. You...w..were....crawling on....your hands and knees." Frodo let out a loud gasp in horror.

" Frodo let out a loud gasp in horror

"You....didn't...didn't remember....who I was. Y-Y-You called...called me....'P-P-P-Precious'!"
I sobbed, loudly. Frodo couldn't stand to see me so frightened and vulnerable. It broke his heart. "I was a monster? I looked like Gollum?", Frodo asked me, in a soft voice. I nodded my head in shame.
"Y-Y-You called me...P-P-Precious.", I blubbered. Frodo held me closer to him and he began to rock me back and forth, soothingly. I gasped while I cried into his shoulder. "It was so real!", I choked.
"Shhh.", Frodo whispered in my ear, while rocking me. He massaged my back in circular motions with the palm of his hand. "It's over. It's over. It's alright. Shhh."
I rested my head on Frodo's shoulder. He held me, protectively. "I'm sorry that this happened to you, darling. I'm so sorry." Frodo kissed me gently on the cheek. His lips were warm and soft. His bright baby blue eyes pierced my soul.
"Oh, F-F-Frodo, I'm so cold.", I shuddered. "Shh, it's alright.", Frodo soothed. "Here, would you like to come and sleep with me in my room tonight?" "Mmm hmm.", I whimpered. All of a sudden, I had a horrible coughing fit. "Shhh, dear. My darling dear. Shh, it's alright.", Frodo soothed again.
He carefully lifted me up from my bed and wrapped his arms around me. Frodo kindly walked me over to his bedroom. He tucked me snugly in his queen sized bed. Frodo sat down beside me. He held me close to him. "I can't sleep, Frodo.", I whimpered. "Shh, it will be alright.", Frodo reassured me.
Frodo took a hold of my hands and held them close to him. He kissed them, compassionately and then massaged them with his thumbs. He got into the bed and sat down beside me, cradling me in his arms and rocked me, slowly. "I'm here, darling. I'm here.", Frodo whispered in my ear. He kissed me on the side of my head.
"You should get some sleep.", said Frodo, compassionately. I slowly lowered my head on to Frodo's chest and closed my eyes. He gently patted the back of my head. "Hush, hush. Go to sleep. Go to sleep." Frodo shut his eyes and fell asleep, while he held me in his arms.