I Feel.....

I saw Frodo sitting alone in his study. I could tell by the pain in his face that something was bothering him. I knew that he didn't want to talk about it. But, I wanted to help him. I wanted to make him feel better.

I quietly tiptoed into the study, trying my best not to disturb or provoke him. I heard quiet sobs. Frodo's head was hidden underneath his folded arms.

"F-F-Frodo? Are...Are you alright?" I asked, timidly. All of a sudden, Frodo slowly lifted his head and turned around. His sorrowful bright blue eyes had turned dark. His nose was red. His cheeks were a light shade of pink. His lips were trembling like earthquakes.
I saw crystal clear tears flowing down from his eyes.

I took a couple of steps backwards. "I'm sorry, Frodo. I-I-I didn't mean to...to bother you. I...I guess I'll...leave you alone." I stuttered. Frodo shook his head. He let out a loud sniffle. "No, it's...it's alright, Brianna. It's...not your fault."

Frodo motioned me to come over to him. I walked quietly towards him and placed a hand on his right shoulder, gingerly. "Are you alright, Frodo?" I asked, in a gentle voice. Frodo didn't reply. His eyes were fixed on the wooden desk in front of him.

"Frodo? Are you alright?" I repeated. My heart sank. Frodo tried his best to stay strong , but he became so overwhelmed that he started to cry again.

A feeling of sadness grew in my heart. I could not bear to see Frodo all upset. "Frodo, will you please tell me what's wrong?" I asked, gently. Frodo choked up. "I'm sorry to bring this upon you, my precious girl. I'm sorry. I...It's my fault."

I was bewildered. "What's your fault? You didn't do anything wrong." An uneasiness grew in my voice. Frodo continued to speak. "I feel so selfish. For not always being there for you." "What do you mean, Frodo?" "I...I...I'm not a good parent." Said Frodo, in a low voice.

"Why?" Frodo shook his head. He gave me a pitiful look. "Whenever I leave you alone, Brianna, it feels like....like I'm...." Frodo drowned in a sea of tears. "Like what, Frodo?" I asked, in a soothing and understanding tone of voice. "I'm breaking your heart." Frodo sobbed.

I leaned forward and wrapped my arms around Frodo's waist. I allowed Frodo to cry into my shoulder. Frodo pulled me in close and hugged me, tightly and protectively. "Oh, Brianna. I'm sorry...f-f-for...everything. I'm so sorry." "Frodo, it's not your fault. Everything's going to be alright." I reassured. "You're not breaking my heart." "I'm not?" "No. Frodo, you've always been there for me. Through thick and thin. Don't put yourself down."

My head sank into the hobbit's warm chest. I could hear the sound of Frodo's quiet whimpering. He pulled me in closer. "It's not your fault, Frodo." I reassured. "I love you so much. I think you're the best father ever. I couldn't ask for a better one."

Frodo began to rock me back and forth, in gently swaying motions. I felt him massage my back with the palm of his hand in circular motions. "Thank you so much, dear. Thank you. Thank you." A grin grew upon my face. "You're welcome, Frodo. I love you." A crooked smile grew on Frodo's face. "Oh, I love you, too. I love you, too. You make me feel so much better, Brianna." I chuckled, softly. "You make me feel better, too, Frodo. You always do."