You're My Heart, You're My Soul

I sat on the living room couch, watching the bright orange flames erupt from the fireplace. All of a sudden, Merry had walked into the room. He noticed that I was all alone. Merry walked up to me and sat at the far end of the couch.
"Hello, Brianna. What are you up to?" he asked me. "Oh, nothing much. What about you?" "Not much, either." Merry replied. "Why are you sitting by yourself?" I shrugged my shoulders.
I lowered my eyes and didn't pay any attention to Merry. I was slowly growing tired. I let out a soft yawn. "You tired, love?" Merry chuckled. "A little." I smiled. "I should probably be heading to bed, Merry. Goodnight..." "Wait. Don't go. I want you to stay." "Really?" Merry nodded his head. "Alright, then. I guess I'll stay. But, where am I going to sleep?"
A wide grin grew across Merry's face. "Well, you could rest your head in my lap, if you wanted to." I grinned at Merry. "If you insist."
I shuffled over towards Merry and I gingerly lowered my head into his comfortable lap. Merry snatched a blanket that was hanging from the edge of the couch and tucked me in snugly. He wrapped his arms around my neck and kissed my forehead with his soft, warm lips.
I chuckled, softly. All of a sudden, Merry pressed his index finger upon my lips. "Shhh." he soothed. He began to comb through my wavy brown hair with his hands. "Merry, what are you doing?" I giggled. "Shhh." Merry soothed again. "Go to sleep, my angel." He kissed me gently on my right cheek.
I pretended to shut my eyes. Merry whispered kind and loving words into my ear. "Oh, Brianna. I love you so much. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I never want to lose you. You're my heart. You're my soul. You're my everything." The sound of Merry's voice lulled me and I fell into a deep sleep.