Merriana

(The picture at the top is what Merriana will look like 😊❤)

I was sitting outside on the bench in Frodo's garden, soaking up the warm sunshine. It was such a beautiful day. I could smell the sweet fragrance of the flowers in the air.

Frodo was down at the market, buying fruits, vegetables, bread, milk and some special treats for the pantry. He told me that he wasn't going to be long. I was content with being on my own. I was used to it. Bag End is my safe place. It was my only safe place. I didn't feel comfortable walking through Hobbiton all on my lonesome. The hobbits would poke fun at me, tease me or bully me. If it's one thing I know, it's that Hobbits don't take too kindly to humans living in the Shire. Well, except for Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin.

In the corner of my right eye, I could see Merry walking up the dirt pathway that led all the way to Bag End. I also saw him cradling something in his arms. I wondered what it was.

When Merry approached the front gate, he waved to me and started running up the large stone steps that lead to Frodo's beautiful flower garden.

"Hello, Brianna." He greeted me, with a friendly smile.

"Hello, Merry." I smiled, sweetly. I looked over at the small bundle, which was wrapped up a small pink blanket in Merry's arms. "Whatcha got there?"

Merry moved in closer to me and lifted the blanket from the bundle's head. A tiny white goat head popped out.

"Her name is Merriana." Said Merry, while he kissed my cheek.

"Oh my goodness, Merry! You bought me a baby goat at the market?" It felt like my heart grew three times larger. I was overwhelmed with joy. This was the sweetest thing that Merry had ever done for me. I could not stop smiling. My cheeks turned a bright shade of red.

"Oh, thank you! Thank you, Merry!" I leaned in forward and gave Merry a gentle hug. Merry blushed and kissed me on the cheek, once more.

"You're very welcome, Bri. When I saw this little goat down at the market, I thought of you." There was a sparkle in Merry's light blue eyes. "I knew how much you loved goats, so I bought one. You said that you didn't want any children, so I thought, 'Why don't we raise a goat instead?' It would be so much fun!"

Merry looked down at the adorable little goat and gently combed its fur with his long hobbit fingers. "She's a little shy...and she's quiet and sweet. Just like you, Brianna."

I was touched by Merry's kind and loving words. "Awww, Merry! That's so sweet of you to say that. Thank you so much. Why did you name her Merriana?"

"It's both of our names combined." Merry chuckled. "Merry....Brianna.....Merriana. Do you like the name? If you'd like, you can change it. I'll be fine with whatever you decide to name her."

"I think that Merriana is a beautiful name, Merry. It's perfect." I murmured.

"I think so, too." Merry whispered in my ear. "I think so, too."