Bedtime with Frodo

"Are you all ready for bed, my dear one?" Frodo asked me, in a soothing voice. I nodded my head and released a loud yawn from my mouth.

Frodo gently took a hold of my hand and led me down the hallway to my bedroom. When we arrived at my bedroom, Frodo and I walked over to my mattress. Frodo folded the soft cotton comforter and bed sheets towards the middle of the bed.

The kind hobbit gazed at me with his wide blue eyes and smiled. "It's alright, Brianna. You can hop into bed." he whispered.

I nodded my head and smiled back at Frodo. "Alright." My jaw stretched out and I let out another yawn. I lifted myself into my bed. Before I could reach my bedsheets, Frodo took a hold of them and tucked me in, comfortably.

"Thank you, Frodo." I smiled. "You didn't have to tuck me in. I could've managed." I said, timidly. Frodo smiled and planted a soft, warm kiss on my cold forehead. He clicked his tongue.

"Oh, Brianna." he said, while brushing my hair over my ears. "You didn't have to say that. My precious girl. I thought that you would've wanted me to tuck you in."

I felt guilty for saying what I said. I stared down into my lap and frowned. "I'm sorry, Frodo. I should've thought about what I said."

Frodo patted my head and chuckled. "There's no need to apologize, dearest. It's alright. You were just expressing how you were feeling. There's nothing to be ashamed of."

"Actually...." I paused for a brief moment. "There is."

"What are you ashamed of, Brianna?" Frodo asked, while wrapping his arm around my shoulder and holding me close to his warm body. "You didn't do anything wrong."

I sighed. "I know. But, it's just that when you...." I stared up at Frodo and shot him a worried look. "When you tucked me in.....it made me feel...."

"Feel like what?" Frodo whispered. "It's alright. You can tell me. You can trust me."

I turned my head away. "It...it just feels like....I'm acting like a....a...child. I...enjoy it when you read to me and....when you...you sing to me....and when you...feed me....and when you tuck me in. I know that I shouldn't be acting like this. I should be acting my age."

"Brianna," Frodo continued. "In my eyes, you are still a child. You shouldn't be ashamed of feeling that way."

"I shouldn't?" I looked back at Frodo and got lost in his icy blue eyes.

"No, not at all." replied Frodo, compassionately. "I'm glad that you enjoy me taking care of you."

"You're glad?" A weak smile grew on my face.

"Yes, my dearest one." Frodo grinned. " It makes me happy knowing that I am making you happy."

Frodo took a hold of my hands and massaged them in his hands. "It does not matter how old you are, Brianna. All that matters is that I will always be here for you and that I will always love you, no matter what. You'll always hold a special place in my heart." Frodo took his index finger and pointed it at his heart.

"You don't have to be afraid of asking me for anything, Brianna." Frodo whispered. "Remember, if there is anything that you need or want, you can always talk to me."

I stared down into my lap again and grinned. "Thank you, Frodo." I murmured. "That means a lot. I needed that encouragement."

Another yawn managed to escape from my mouth. "You must be tired, dearest one." said Frodo, in a soft voice. "Are you ready for bed, Brianna?"

I nodded my head. "Frodo, could I ask you something?" I said, timidly.

Frodo smiled. "Of course. What would you like?"

"I was wondering if maybe you could stay with me until I fall asleep?" I asked.

"I would love to." Frodo answered.

Frodo got up from the bed and walked over to the other side. He lifted his legs onto the bed and shuffled towards me. Frodo curled up in my blanket and cradled me in his fatherly arms. Frodo kissed me on the forehead and slowly closed his tired eyes. I closed my eyes, as well. I nestled my head in Frodo's warm chest.

"Good night, Frodo." I mumbled in my sleep.

"Good night, Brianna." replied Frodo, soothingly. "I love you." he whispered.