Tea Time

Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin had gathered around at the kitchen table. They were having their afternoon tea. I was sitting in the living room, reading a book that Frodo had let me borrow. I could overhear Frodo and Sam talking.
"This tea is delicious, Frodo!" announced Pippin. "Thank you, Pippin. I'm glad you like it." Frodo replied. "Say, where's Brianna?" asked Pippin. Frodo took a sip from his lukewarm tea. "She's in the living room." he answered. Pippin's eyes lit up. "Doing what?"
"I don't know.", Frodo responded.
"I wish she was here with us. It would be nice to have the company, you know." added Pippin. "Pippin is right." Merry smiled. "Why can't she join us, Frodo?"
I set down my book down on the living room couch and I quietly made my way down to the kitchen. Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin could hear the sound of my footsteps. "I think she's coming." whispered Pippin.
When I arrived at the kitchen, I stopped and stared at the hobbits in silence. "Well, hello there, Ms. Brianna." greeted Sam, in a kind voice. "Hello, dear." greeted Frodo, in a soft spoken manner. "Hi." I replied, timidly. "Would you like to sit with us?" asked Merry.
"S-S-Sure." "Here. Why don't you sit down beside Pip and I?" Merry insisted. "A-Alright." I stuttered.
I sat down in between Merry and Pippin. "Would you like some tea and biscuits, my dear?" Frodo asked me, politely. I kindly accepted the offer. After Frodo poured me some tea and served me some savoury biscuits, Merry struck up a friendly conversation with me.
"It's wonderful to see you again, Bri." "Its wonderful to see you, too, Merry." When the rest of the hobbits weren't looking, Merry quickly grabbed a hold of my hand underneath the table. "So, what's new with you and Pippin?" I asked him, politely. "Hmm. Not much, I guess." Merry replied. "What about you and Frodo?" Frodo fixed his gaze on me and grinned. "Not much, either." I answered.
Sam had kept quiet for quite some time. He was busy sipping at his tea. "What about you, Sam? What have you been up to?", asked Frodo. Sam glared at Merry and Pippin. Merry and Pippin began to giggle. "Well, Mr. Frodo, I'm glad you asked. Yesterday, Mr. Merry and Mr. Pippin persuaded me to help them steal food from Farmer Maggot's farm. Mr. Pippin told me that if I helped him and Mr. Merry, then he would buy me an ale from The Green Dragon. When we got to the farm, Mr. Merry and Mr. Pippin had stolen some of Farmer Maggot's potatoes, carrots, and cabbages. Mr. Merry told me that he wanted me to fetch him a loaf of bread and some cheese from the cellar in Farmer Maggot's house. As I made my way down to the cellar to fetch the food, Mr. Pippin had slammed the cellar door behind me. I could hear Farmer Maggot's dogs barking in the distance. I dashed out of the cellar and ran as fast as my feet could carry me. All of a sudden, Farmer Maggot's dogs were snapping at my heels. I knew that I shouldn't have trusted Mr. Merry and Mr. Pippin. They're nothing but trouble."
"Sorry, Sam." Pippin shrugged his shoulders. I had felt really bad for Sam. "I'm so sorry, Sam. That sounds horrible. Are you alright?" Sam nodded his head. "Yes, I'm alright, Ms. Brianna. But, you don't have to be worried about me." "Oh. Alright." I finished off my tea and biscuits and I rose from the kitchen table.
Merry fixated his greyish-blue eyes on me. "Where are you going, Bri?" "I'm going to finish reading my book." I replied. Merry was a little disappointed. He really wanted me to stay a little longer. I looked back at Frodo, who was finishing his tea. "Frodo, Can I ask you something?" "What would you ask of me, darling?" "Could Merry come over again tomorrow? Please? I hope it's not too much to ask for."
Frodo looked over at Merry. "Merry?" "What?" "Brianna was wondering if you would like to come over again tomorrow. Would you consider it?" Merry fixed his gaze on me and grinned. "Please, Merry? Will you come?" I begged. "You know what? I'd love to!" Merry chuckled. I jumped up and down in excitement. "Thank you so much, Merry! Thank you!"
Sam stared out the kitchen window. He noticed that there were dark clouds floating in the sky. "Looks like it's about to rain." He muttered. "I should probably go now, Mr. Frodo. Thank you for having me over." "You're very welcome, Sam. Have a good day." "You too, Mr. Frodo." Sam got up from the table and headed towards the front door. Merry and Pippin also got up from the table and they said their goodbyes to Frodo and I.
"Bye Merry. Bye Pippin." "Bye, Brianna." Merry and Pippin replied. "See you tomorrow, Bri." said Merry, jovially.
After Merry, Pippin, and Sam left, I asked Frodo if he needed any assistance with cleaning up the kitchen table. "It's alright, dear. I'll clean it up." "Alright, Frodo. I'll be in the living room if you need me." "Alright." Frodo smiled. Before I headed back to the living room, Frodo hugged me, tenderly. "Are you sure you don't want any help, Frodo?" I asked him, with a glimmer of innocence in my dark green eyes. "No, it's alright. I will take care of it." Frodo replied.