Chapter 9

As we were walking upstairs to the room. We heard singing come from downstairs. I had to follow the voice.

"No mommy your room is this way. Please don't go down there."
"Just let mommy check it out and we'll go back up there."
"You promise?"
"I promise."

We ran downstairs to find the singing was coming from the room I woke up in. I stood outside to see who's mystery voice came from. I saw someone inside but I didn't see who it was. I tried to go inside but it still wouldn't let me.

"Mommy don't go inside. You promised you come back upstairs!"
Melody started bawling. I wasn't understand what was happening.

"Melody what's going on? What's so important upstairs? My room is down here. Why did you lie to me?"
She started sobbing real loud. She gave me a big hug.
"I'm so sorry! I just don't want you to leave me! At first it was all about you getting back to daddy, but meeting you now makes me not want to let you go. Please stay with me!"

I couldn't bear it. I started drowning in my own tears. I got on my needs and gave her a big hug. It was a mother-daughter moment I have always hoped for.

A huge white light started to glow leading upstairs.
"Melody what's that?"
"That's my home. Come with me upstairs mommy. We can be together."
We were standing outside the doorway.
"If you must know that's daddy singing and if you go in there. You'll wake up and leave me.."
"But.."
She looked up at me with hatred in her eyes.
"You promised!!"
She ran away but I don't know where.
"Just keep singing Colby I'll be right back."

I ran to end of the hallway and around the corner to see melody crying by the stairs.
"Melody.." I touched her arm.
"No your going to leave me. What the point of getting close to me now."
"Melody I'm sorry I can't just leave your father."
"I'm sorry mommy. I love you so much. You would have been a great mom. Let we walk you back down there."

Me and melody walked all the way back to the my room. We stand at the door watching Colby sing to me.

"Go head mommy. He's waiting for you. He isn't going to sing forever."
"Your right."
I gave Melody a big hug and a kiss on the cheek.
"Good bye my loveable daughter. Watch over me ok?"
"Good bye mommy. And of course I will"

We said our goodbye and I started to go into the room. I look back to see melody standing and the hallway turning all white.
"Take care of my sister! Love you mommy!"

Sister? What does she mean by that?
After the hallway went completely white. I walked into the hospital room to find colby singing to me. I never knew he could sing so well.

I grabbed my hand and his hand together then I kissed him on the cheek. Before I knew it the hospital room went white to.

"Colby?"