Chapter 15

We arrived at my moms house in Kansas. As soon as I got out the car I ran to the front door was fast as I can.
My mom was standing there Melody in her arms.
"Mommy!" Melody said with her arms open wide. She couldn't say much. She could only say mommy and daddy she could also nod her head yes or no.

"Awe my sweet daughter. I'm sorry your sick. Have you been a good girl for grandma?" She nodded in the cutest little way.

"Me and the little one had a blast. She takes after you, you know." My mom said.
"How?" I asked.
"She's a strong little thing. Even though she had a cold she didn't let it slow her down."
I miss melody so much. I started to hug her and wouldn't let go. I forgot that Colby was right behind me.
"Is there anyway I can see our daughter to?" Colby asked.
"Haha yeah sorry. I just miss her so much." I said as I gave melody to Colby.

Before we went back to California we stay in Kansas for a night. We just got off of one plain we didn't want to go on a another.

I laid melody in her crib. I stood there looking at her as Colby came behind me and hugged my waist.

"Our little miracle." He said before he kissed my forehead.

Not only melody was a miracle. Me being alive and us being together is a miracle. I'm not taking anything for granted. I'm very thankful for what I have.