Chapter 28

We decided to leave early in the morning.

Bad idea...

Ben wouldn't not stop crying, Melody was cranky and sassier than usual, and as for Colby I basically had to drag him out of bed.

"Can't I just sleep a few more minutes?" Colby yawned.
"Colby I'm not in the greatest mood either. I had to get these kids dressed and there stuff packed while you Were asleep. Don't you think I'm tired to? Don't you think I want to go back to sleep? So say more thing and we're gonna fight. Ok? Ok." I said to him. No wonder melody is a sass mouth.
"Thing." Colby said knowing it'll get on my nerves.
"That's it Colby square up!" I said while looking him dead in the eyes. We had a staring contest till I started laughing.
"For real though we need to go. So get your lazy ass up and move. I love you" I said while I kissed him on the cheek.

We were finally out the door. Since I let Colby sleep while I got the kids together. I slept in the car while he drove to the airport.

When we finally got there we almost missed our flight. Thank god we got here in time.

It was a calming flight. Melody and Ben slept most of the way there. So did Colby.

I couldn't only thing I could think about is my mom. She's going through a lot right now. I want to make her last few days the best days of her life.

We just got off the plane and into the airport.

I saw something very very shocking.
My dad..

"What are you doing here?" I asked him as he came up to give me a hug.
"I heard about your mom and I wanted to see how you were doing. Joey told me what airport you were going to be at. I also want you to meet my wife and her daughter." He moved his body so I could see my new found step siblings.

I can not believe what I'm seeing. Colby are in major shock.

This is not going to end well...