Chapter 27

"We have to go." I whispered to Colby trying not to make a scene.
"Why? Everything ok?" He asked.
"I'll explain everything in the car." I told him.

We were able to grab melody and go. She was upset since she couldn't finish her recital.

As melody and Ben fell asleep in the backseat, a silence fell in to car.

Colby notice I was tearing up, but he didn't say anything. When pulled up in the driveway he took melody and Ben inside and I stayed outside waiting for him to come back.

When he came outside he looked at me dead in the eye. I broke down and started bawling on his t-shirt. I was lost for words then I finally said something.

"My mom has cancer." I said looking up in the Colby's eyes. I started crying even more since I finally told him the news.
"The worst part is she only has a month to live. We have to fly out there and see her. I don't want her to die without see you and melody one last time."
"Audi we will. We go out and see her. Everything is going to be ok."

He picked me up, went inside and laid me on the bed. He got the kids to lay with us.

I couldn't sleep. I stay up watching Colby cuddled up against the kids. I let out a fainted cry. It wasn't every loud but Colby still heard me. He got closer to me and out his arms around me tightly. He kissed me on his check and said "we will leave first thing in the morning. Is that ok with you?"
As I look up at him I kissed him on the lips and nodded. I need to spend the most time with my mom before she passes. I found comfort in Colby's words and I finally went to sleep.

I'm preparing myself for a months wait heartache but i know no matter how much I know that it's coming nothing could get me ready for it.