Chapter 31

I ended up sleeping on the side of her bed with her hand in mine. I woke up to say good morning to her instead I woke up to some depressing news.

She was dead.

How have this could have happened? She had a couple more weeks left. Why did she have go to so soon. At least she went peacefully and she got to see me and my family one last time.

"Guys come in here now!" I yelled across the house making sure everyone could hear everyone could hear me.
When they all came in I was crying on her arm holding on to her.

"She's dead." I said barely making a word out. Colby rushed to my side to comfort me.

Joey was the last to get in the room. He still didn't know what was happening.
"Guys what's going on?" He said walking in the room, rubbing his eyes.
I looked at him with tears and my eyes then he knew exactly what was going on. He walked slowly inside the room. He was crying the most I have never seen him. I could tell this was going to be harder for him. He didn't have as much time with her as I did.

Nothing I could do could make this any easier for any of us.
"I'm going out."I said as I'm trying to get everyone out my way.
"Where Are you going?" Colby asked me making stop in my tracks.
"Out."
"Do you want me to come with you?"
"No." I forcefully told him as I walked off.

I didn't go far just to the gazebo in the backyard. It was my favorite place to think when I was little. I was sitting there peacefully till I heard foot steps coming out side I thought it was Colby.

"Colby I don't want to talk right now." I said with my hands on my face.
"I'm not Colby and I know I didn't think you did." The footsteps belong to Ashlyn.
"What are you doing here? Your not welcome." Hearing her voice made me so angry.
"I came out here to check on you. I mean we are sisters now."
"Let me get this straight ok? We are not sisters, we are not even step sisters. I don't want you here. Do you not know how much trouble you cause for me? Cut the crap Ashlyn. I don't care if your trying to be nice I don't want to hear it. You are NOT welcome here. I don't care if your mom is with my dad. He's not welcome either. He left my mom for yours. Which is looking pretty good right for someone that was in the hospital. I haven't heard from him since the split and now he decides to show up with you? I don't care if you trying to make up for the past. I don't even care anymore ok? Just stop be nice cause you feel like you have to. I don't need your charity." I snapped.

She made me so angry just breathing the same air as me. I was angry at her, Angry at my dad, Angry at my mom and angry at the world. Yelling at her did make me feel good. It didn't help anything though. She was right. We were basically sisters. Even though I hated what she did. She's a part of my life now and her mom makes my dad really happy.

I walked off after I yelled at her then a paused.
"Listen I'm sorry for what just happened right I'm not in the mood. If you trying to be nice like actually trying I appreciate that. It doesn't mean I forgive you. Maybe I will in time but not right now. We can be friends but I have to work up to the idea of us being sisters." Then I continued walking back up to the house. Ashlyn slowly followed in behind.

I've had my chance to blow off steam and I took it. Now I have to plan my mom's funeral.

Rest in peace mom.
Say hi to Melody for me.

*if you don't remember. Audrey had twins. One died when she got hit by a car. The one that died her name was melody and she named the surviving twin after her.*