Chapter 14

We didn't want to worry about Ashlyn. I mean we just got married and were on our honeymoon. I think it can wait. Which we didn't have to.

At the hotel I made Colby breakfast before we went out for the day. I looked at the Tv and I couldn't believe what I saw. Ashlyn was arrested.

They arrested her last night around 11. She was charged for a hit and run and a DUI.

"I guess everything is ok now we don't have to worry about her Anymore." I said looking at Colby.
"I guess not. She deserves to be in jail. After hitting you and killing our daughter."
"I'm still here and we have melody. Everything is going to be ok. Enough of this sad stuff let's go out."
"Calm down Audi your still not completely healed."

He was right. My arm and my leg aren't completely healed but I didn't want that to ruin this moment.

We ended up not going to out another day cause we got a call from my mom.
Melody wasn't feeling well. She got a cold. As soon as I heard I started packing my bag right away.

"Audi slow down. Don't be in such a rush. You'll forget something." Colby said while grabbing me from behind.
"I will not slow down. I want to get back to our daughter as soon as possible."
"Ok just don't forget anything. You are known to do that."

Yeah I am. I forget things a lot but it doesn't matter right now. I want to get home.

After we got our stuff packed we arranged a flight home. I guess ever since I became a mom I've been more protected of the ones I love.

Especially Colby and melody.