5: Sinbad, King of Sindria

Sinbad, King of Sindria

After they talked to the officials and have settled down at an inn, they proceeded down the road to the palace. Deciding to take the day off for now and just enjoy this beautiful island country. The so-called "City of Dreams".

The market place was lively and was filled with different stores where the customers that come seems endless. There was a lot of merry chatting and things going on but it was then that Vivacity started sprinting down the road upon seeing something, more like 'someone' familiar. The gears of destiny finally started turning again for these two people who have been separated for so many years. Looking for each other all around the world.

She charged at the tall tanned man with an unusual violet hair. She grabbed hold of his arm and pulled on it, turning him around. The rukhs flew around them in a giddy manner as if blessing them before shoting up to the sky.

"..Sinbad?" She said, a bit unsure.

"Hm? Is there anything you need?" Said the man before staring at her intently. "Wait.." he looked at her from head to toe as if examining her. He was looking at her seriously, searching for something that she can't understand. Suddenly, a hint of realization appeared on his face.

"Aren't you, Yukiko?!" He exclaimed as he points a finger.

"This white hair like the snow and these eyes of yours! It is you! Your hands are still cold so it is definitely you!" He seemed somewhat excited to see her, making Vivacity blushed a bit from embarrassment. Sinbad looked like that one time in Xue when he first saw snow.

"Didn't you know I was looking for you? Wow.." he settled down and smiled. "Finally. We meet again."

"Oi, Viva! Why did you run off all of a sudden?" Asked a panting Zephyr.

"Brother, this is Sinbad. That friend that I talked to you about. From that land called Parthev--" she introduced him only to be cut off, unable to say the empire that caused their loss. "P-Parth--" she can feel her guts turning, her head throbbing in pain. She fell on her knees as she covers her mouth with her hands. Memories flooded her mind sending her senses to go haywire. Unable to remain calm, she fainted.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

"Yes. I heard about it. The Parthevian Empire conquered a land in the North, turned it's residence into slaves. It was called Xue or Frost Kingdom." Sinbad said to Zephyr.

"Please refrain from reminding her of that dark past. It really sends her off. It's a psychological and emotional trauma and five years didn't help her one bit." They were currently talking in the small front room of Yukiko's room, provided in the palace. After she fainted, she was taken back immediately to the palace by Sinbad.

"So you call her Vivacity now?" He looked at the door leading to her room. "Yukiko was a really nice name. May I still call her that?" He asked Zephyr. The latter was a bit unsure but seeing him filled with confidence, he nodded.

"I think that she wouldn't mind if it was you. You told me that you called her by that name earlier and she didn't show any sign of discomfort."

"You know, Zephyr," he started again before turning serious. "The Parthevian Empire caused us a lot of trouble too in the past. I offer you to stay here and we will protect you. You can also drop those names. Zephyr and Vivacity. Shouldn't you show your real names proudly as citizens of the great Kingdom of Xue?" He offered his hand. "I'm doing this for the sake of my kingdom too. In exchange, you'll be helping in the palace in anyway you can."

He thought about it for awhile before accepting his hand. He realized that it was his best choice to help Yukiko recover. Traveling from place to place as merchants to just be able to get away from Parthevia proved to be tiring.

"We'll be in your care, King Sinbad of Sindria." He did the salute of their country before turning it to Sindria's salute.

"Also, the elder of the Yambala Magoi Manipulation Tribe said hello. I didn't expect that Sinbad was the king of this place." He replied. "I shall check up on my sister."

"Sin-sama." Called a male's voice. They turned to see one of the infamous Eight Generals, Ja'far. "I've come to collect Aoren-dono as you ordered. I'll give him a tour around and brief him about the things we do here." He said in a formal language with a slight smile.

"I guess that could wait, Aoren. I'll check up on her in your stead so enjoy your tour and learn about things as you go along. You can ask Jafar any questions that concerns the matters that you'll have to deal with." Sinbad instructed him. Aoren just nodded and stood up, following Jafar to the door.

"If you'll excuse me." He bid him farewell before leaving completely.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Yukiko opened her eyes slightly only to see an unfamiliar looking ceiling made of a colorful and elegant looking cloth. She sat up and looked around. She was seating on a canopy bed, adorned with southern designed cloths. The carpet was red that contrasted beautifully with the walls. It was filled with all the necessary furnitures and other necessities. A balcony and even a bath.

"...this is far too luxurious for an Inn." She murmured before realizing what happened. "SINBAD!" she blurted out loudly upon remembering before the door slammed open.

"What is it?!" He said in a hurry. His face seemed to be alarmed by her sudden burst.

"Sinbad!" She stood up and ran up to him, feeling his cheek then ruffling his hair. She held his hand and they were warm. The same warmth he radiates eversince. She teared up a bit upon realizing he was here. For real.

"O-oi..Yukiko." Sinbad lifted her face up and wiped her tears. "I'm here. I'm not leaving again." He gave her the same smile that he used to give everytime they meet. That same contagious smile. He was saying that to calm her down since she looks really overwhelmed about seeing him again after so many years.

"That's a promise, okay?" She held his hand tightly and smiled too. She felt a surge of relief in her system as she saw him once again. She spent most of her childhood with him and surprisingly, they both still know each other. Yukiko was extremely happy to be reunited with him for some unknown reason. She rested her head on his chest before closing her eyes once again.

That day marked the start of her new life in Sindria along with the reunion of two people separated long ago.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪