26: Queen Yukiko Heiwa

Queen Yukiko Heiwa

The imperial palace in Kou was bustling with the servants running here and there carrying stuff and cleaning. A rather important guest is coming according to one of Kouen's household member, Ri Seishuu. A letter arrived yesterday from a white owl, the letter tied to its leg, saying that the guest will be arriving in a month to be granted the audience of Emperor Koutoku and Prince Ren Kouen.

"But this is really weird, Kouen-sama looks very excited about this visitor? Who was it?" Gakukin asked the lion faced household member Shuu Kokuton.

"I don't really know who or where they are from. But if Kouen-sama is like that then it must be a very interesting guest. He even halted our appoinment in Balbadd because of this visitor." He replied. Just then they saw Kouen in the garden looking at a certain flower before turning his back from it and walked towards them.

"Ri Seishuu, Gakukin, Shuu Kokuton, Enshou. I want a word with you." He addressed them and walked passed them, as a sign to follow him. "The guest is someone of importance and high birth. I expect that all of you will be polite and proper infront of them. They will play and important role for our empire."

"Kouen-sama, if I may be so bold---"

"They are arriving by today. The letter was sent a month ago and that owl was delayed for a long time. That person, that's why we use a hawk, idiot." He mumbled the last part as he takes a look at the bracelet resting on his left arm. "You'll be welcoming them at the port later. In the mean time, tell everyone to work faster and inform my brothers and sisters that they should be present."

"Yes, Kouen-sama." They all did the salute of Kou before leaving to carry out Kouen's order.

On the other side of the palace a certain pink haired princess is humming a song as she makes a flower crown using some dandelions that are in the garden when she noticed the rather busy atmosphere around her.

"Huh? What seems to be the matter? Is there something happening in the palace today?" She asked herself before standing up and proceeding to walk towards her quarters when she happened to see Ka Koubun. "Hey, Ka Koubun!" She called out and the man immediately went infront of her.

"Yes, my princess? Is there something that you need?"

"What's happening? Why is everyone busy so suddenly?"

"Ah, about that matter huh." He then looked at the running servants before returning his gaze towards the princess. "An important guest is arriving later today. They were summoned by Kouen-sama himself and was granted permission by our emperor. It must be someone really important."

"Maybe its King Sinbad! I should get dressed!"

"Yes you should, my princess. Kouen-sama wants everyone of you, his siblings, to be present later. They are going to introduce you to the guest."

Kougyouko then happily returned to her room and started getting ready out of excitement. "King Sinbad is coming~ King Sinbad is coming~" she sang as she brushes her hair.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

At the port in Kou, a rather huge ship, with something that is of different design and appearance to the ships that the people of Kou has seen before. It looks sturdy and can withstand huge waves when sailed on. Printed on the sail was an eight pointed snowflakewith the character " 雪 " on the center octagon (it was a character that means Snow).