30: Decisions

Decisions

"So you'll begin by dressing me in your nation's clothing to show 'them' that I'm yours?" Yukiko stated as she looks at her reflection in the mirror wearing a black and red colored hanfu. A small golden crownlet rest on her hair which is styled to a semi-high ponytail and golden tassel like earings.

"Kouen, you are quite the possessive type. That's a rather interesting trait in its own way." She teased him as she gaves him a knowing smile through his reflection in the mirror.

" She teased him as she gaves him a knowing smile through his reflection in the mirror

"Your white hair really stands out with those colors. Just the way I like it." He has his chin resting on the back of his hand, his elbow propped against the frame of the couch in his room.

They were to participate in a war council where Koumei will also be present. Kouha has just reached his destination which is Magnostadt and they will start planning the ways on how they'll subjugate the latter country.

"Aoren will also be present since your country is allied with Kou now and we intend to use all the force that we'll need. Him, being the general of your country's army made him a valuable addition to our force."

"And as the Queen, I am the figure of power of our country." She fixed her crown before walking over to him. "Then shall we get going? You want to tell me about something after the war council, remember?"

The two then went out of his room, walking side by side, down the hall where the interior garden is present. The tiger lilies were in full bloom as the wind blows gently as if kissing the soft petals of the said flora. The sun was shining brightly accompanied by the thick white clouds up in the clear blue skies.

"Yukiko, look at where you're walking." Kouen suddenly interrupted her leisurely walk when he saw her almost turned to the wrong corner. "You'll have a lot of time to gaze at those later so hurry up."

Arriving at the end of the west hall, a heavy and huge double handled door, decorated with a carvings of dragons made of gold and silver, greeted them. It was the door to the council room where the meeting will be held.

"Yukiko, over here." Aoren called for her when he spotted her enter the room. "Lord Kouen, I guess I can have my sister for a while right? A decision is still yet to be reach whether you'll be her fiancé or not." He lead Yukiko to his seat after dropping his thoughts on Kouen which the latter just brushed off before proceeding to his seat beside Koumei, directly across Yukiko.

The meeting was going on in a smooth and steady pace with plans being suggested and discussed in an elaborated manner, improving it. Aoren was throwing in his thoughts too and his plans are something that caught the other commander's attention.

It was an indirect subjugation where they'll make the country fall from the inside. It was rather a twisted and dark plan which made Kouen interested and Koumei listen attentively. Yukiko was commenting on other's brazen actions that are somewhat barbaric which makes the people's position questionable. Kouen was hiding his smirk as he listen's to Yukiko's witty words, while looking into her glazed green eyes.

The meeting ended with a lot of plans and strategies accepted and improved without having to extend. It was a full five hour council and surely, Yukiko was tired.

"I never participated in such a long war council meeting. In my homeland, we only have two hours of discussion because of our mastery with our terrains. In Sindria, just an hour and three hours for emergencies. Being in an empire is such a huge and tiresome job, ne Kouen?" The white haired female asked him as she removes the hairtie on her hair, along with her crown.

"All of your officials were glaring at me and was whispering: "Such an insolent woman. You could've silenced them but you didn't." She complained as she brushes her hair with a soft bristled hair brush.

"I like seeing you struggle sometimes. Afterall, I can't tolerate that helpless look you showed me five months ago when you finally decided to join our Empire."

It has been three months since the alliance with Xue and Kou and Yukiko was there to stay as a symbol of union. Aoren takes care of the country together with the Seven Lords in her absence. Their people were alright about the union and was always wishing their queen's good health when they learned that she was left in Kou.

"I like how you sound now. Haughty yet fragile still."

"Hahaha, I hate you." She gave him a tired smile as she gives up teasing him. Kouen is a difficult person who rarely smiles but is a huge flirt to someone he likes. "So what is it that you want to tell me, Governor General?"

A pair of strong sturdy arms found their way around her waist and a chin on her shoulder. It was Kouen, looking directly at her through the mirror. He has this serious façade but his eyes reflects his worry. Somewhat.

"Are you happy here, Yukiko?" Kouen asked her in a serious tone which made her stop what she was doing and fall into silence.

Was she really happy here? Is this what she really wanted? To take over the world and make it one? Wasn't she so against of colonizing? She doesn't know anymore. Honestly, she's still lost and pretty much still stuck in an illusion of a happy world that Sinbad had forced on her. She value the happiness and smile of all the people she would meet. She wants to protect them all against the abnormalities but now,

"I just want to protect my people. I knew from the start that the world is cruel but this is just barbaric. People destroy those who doesn't see the same views as them. That's what basically happening right now. The Kou Empire wants to unite the world under one ruler and ideals since 'It will always be impossible for humans to understand each other' as Prince Koumei says."

She looks at him and placed a hand on the side of his head.

"But I can see the light at the end of this. I can see the good side of it. I still hate the concept of slavery because of what happened to my people but now that they are free again, I don't care that much anymore. My people and my land is all I care about now. When we were pleading for help, they ignored us. There'll always be a victor and that'll be us. I'll walk down this path for a peaceful world together with you."

She closed her eyes and leaned against him. "En, thank you for finding me and giving me the power to stand up again. Wherever you go, I go."

Kouen gave a slight, almost unnoticable smile and placed a small kiss on the palm of her hand that was on the side of his head, holding her wrist.

"Then shall we go to the second phase of our plan? Let us head down the road to Magnostadt and sieze it for the Empire, Yukiko."

The white haired queen gave a nod of agreement before silence enveloped them once more.

• • ●----- ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ----- ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ----- ● • •