51: In Each Others Arms

Trigger warning: self-harm

In Each Others Arms

Days passed by and Sinbad could barely hold on to his self control. He has been seeing Yukiko around the garden, and the hall leading to the said garden by herself lately. Although since Kurosaki requested for him to not bother the female monarch, he reluctantly abide.

What makes his urge to approach her grow stronger as each sun sets, was seeing that indescribable look of sadness and grief clearly evident in her eyes. It was as if she's always out of it; blankly staring into nothingness. The same expression she wore back in that gazebo where she cradled a wooden box she bought in the market.

"How is Yukiko doing?" Sinbad asked Jafar, without looking up from the scroll he was reading.

The chancellor paused for awhile before setting down a basket filled with new scrolls for the king to read on the table.

"She's in the garden yet again today. She is just sitting on the bench by herself. Although I did see Aoren-dono, and Kurosaki-dono watching her from afar."

"I see." He rolled up the paper and set it aside before looking outside his window. "Her...her expression--"

"Still the same. Pisti and Yamuraiha are getting anxious and so does the other generals excluding Hinahoho and Drakon. The young ones are really starting to be concerned. Aladdin is the only one who managed to talk to her."

"Aladdin?"

"Yes. Aladdin is trying his best to brighten up her mood but she still remains in that state. Although she does reply to him. I am sorry to say in advance that I do not know what they speak off. I am always at a distance as to not be spotted."

"It's fine. Thank you for taking on this request of mine to look after Yukiko on top of your busy schedule, Jafar."

"There is no need for you to thank me, Sin. I am also concerned about her well-being."

A brief silence enveloped the king's office for a while before Jafar spoke up again.

"I wish for you to not take offense on what I am about to say, my king, but..." he gulped the lump in his throat before continuing, "please abandon your plan on using Yukiko-dono again. I am sure we can come up of another plan to realize the future you envision."

Sinbad looked at him, eyes slightly wide in gaze, surprised at what he had said. He looks down at his table before heaving out a small sigh.

"To see that even my household thought that using her as a puppet was unfathomable proves that I was really a horrible person in doing that to her." he smiled sadly and looked at the palm of his hands.

"It's funny..to have her so close to me now after two years of searching for her...and now, I can't even approach her or greet her a good morning; when i n the past she used to sing me to sleep."

Jafar looked at his king, no, his friend for years, and saw how lonely he looks as well. He was suffering from his guilt caused by his horrible sin towards Yukiko. Looking at the expression his friend was showing showed how miserable he was. He needs to speak with Yukiko again to elate his current disposition.

"Sin, I'll arrange for you to speak with Yukiko-dono. I'll lure her guards away. You need to comfort her right now. You two need each other."

--  --  --  --  --

"Yukiko onee-san, you haven't eaten anything since breakfast. It's past noon now." Aladdin said worriedly to the female who remained looking down at the pond situated in the garden they are in, holding her paper parasol in one hand as it rest on her left shoulder, shielding her from the tropical sun's rays.