41: Resurfacing Darkness

Life in Sindria is easy and simple. There is abundance in resources and the people are always happy. To Yukiko, it is indeed a lovely country. It is full of incredible and interesting people who are always there if you ever need them.

Just like today, in the Silver Scorpio Tower where soldiers and even guests can train martial arts, a match is unfolding. The exiled Princes of Heliohapt and Balbaad, Sharrkan and Alibaba respectively, are having a duel as proposed by the former. It was to see if the blond Alibaba achieved any improvement while being a gladiator in Reim.

Yukiko was watching closely from the sidelines as she recalls some fond memories of training there as well back in the days where she was still an ally of Sindria.

"You've certainly improved Alibaba! You can even properly use Magoi Manipulation!" Sharrkan praised him before wrestling him to the ground.

"BUT YOU LEARNED THAT FROM ANOTHER MASTER DIDN'T YOU?! HOW DARE YOU HAVE ANOTHER MASTER!" he voiced out his complaints to the boy as he breaks his back.

"Alibaba, why don't you have a duel with me?" Yukiko proposed to break up Sharrkan from him. "You haven't really seen the sword play of Xue right? It is quite beautiful you see." She explained to him as she shows him her sword where Aini resides in.

"Plus, I want to test Aini. He was quite silent towards me after the battle in Magnostadt. I'll be using Magoi Manipulation too if you don't mind. Will you accept my challenge?"

"I don't see why not? It'll be great to see this traitor disciple of mine lying on the ground after having another master beside me!" Sharrkan threw Alibaba to his feet. "Be careful with her sword's hilt, Alibaba. It is much more dangerous than the blade." He warned him before stepping to the sideline.

"Understood! Come at me, Yukiko-san!" Alibaba hyped himself up and took his stance, left arm behind his back, his right foot forward.

Yukiko bowed as thanks and took her position. Hands on the hilt and sheath of the sword.

"Then I, Toto, will be the arbiter over this battle of swords and former students of the Yambala. BEGIN!"

As soon as the signal was given, Alibaba wasted no time to attack. Offense is the best defense afterall. Yukiko was able to dodge him by a second before hitting his back with the still sheathed sword making him fall forward.

"Alibaba! Watch out for the hilt! She'll be taking out her blade now!" Sharrkan shouted.

Soon enough Alibaba saw a glint at the corner of his eye and the next thing he knew, he ended up with some strand of his hair cut off when he dodge it along with the sleeve of his shirt.

"First drawing stance, Eclipse." Yukiko recited after unsheating her sword.

"T-That was dangerous! I almost got my ear cut off!" Alibaba commented as he regains his footing. "How is her hilt more dangerous than that sharp and thin sword, Master?!"

"And now..we use some magoi.." Yukiko whispered as she focuses her magic onto the whole sword. She then charged forward with her long and slender blade as she tries to slice through her opponent continuously, her hands lightly holding on the hilt.

Xue's sword play is like a dance that gains speed as one uses it. The longer one is in battle, the faster the sword strikes. This requires a lot of stamina to whoever wishes to learn and use it. Back when she was but a little girl, she will faint in the first three minutes because of her weak and low stamina.

A layer of white light covers the sword and the eight pointed star glowed in response. Any magician present can see the rukhs swarming around the female, pleased with her but there was something dark lurking within it and it made The King of the Seven Seas,Sinbad, sense it.