43: Sorrowful Feelings

"

"... I am not fit to be King." Yukiko muttered under her breath.

Silence fell upon them while the breeze kept on coming, sending the assortment of flower petals dancing in the air.

"I was aware that you've suffered the same fate before..having been enslaved and tortured.." she informed him.

"..I did. It was hell on earth."

"So do you understand what I was trying to say? Jafar and your men saved you when you were in such a dire state. You were longing for your freedom when you were shackled by that Madura. Sin.."

"Imagine my people who are doing their best to hold on to their sanity and sense of self. They are doing their best to fight such a hard battle by themselves and I can hear them. They are calling for their motherland. For their family. For me! Deep within their tattered hearts they are hoping to be saved one day."

Sinbad just looked at her expression as she says these. Each words felt so heavy that it weighs down on his shoulders making him reevaluate. Those statements she carried with her was filled with sorrowful feelings knowing full well of her people's suffering.

"I realize now that I am not fit to be a ruler. You are right on that part. I was idiotic and too idealistic that I forgot how big the world was and how different people are outside of my own little sphere. Looking back, it was really presumptuous to think that I can take them all back: my people. I let myself believe that I can save and take them all back because I have the power of kings in my hand.."

"..Yes..the power of kings! I have them at my disposal!" She looks down on her hands. "Yet, just like what you have said back then... I may have such power but I do not know how to use them in a real fight... having a feature such as that... should not be recognized as a King candidate."

" Yukiko

" Yukiko.." Sinbad uttered her name but can't think of anything to say. For the first time in his life, he became clueless. He can't read her anymore. He can't read the flow of destiny that surrounds them.