13: Shattered

Shattered

"Their kingdom is basically destroyed beyond repair with its citizens scattered throughout the globe. Taking it back is just idiotic. Parthevia is still quite strong and seeing them, Xue, as a peaceful country, I believe they don't have any military prowess. They are practically weak for being invaded that easily. Their parents bowed down to the General in hopes that it'll stop the invasion. That's the symbol of a once sharp blade which became dull after being put away for so many years."

"I do not have any intention of marrying someone like her. She has a weak mental state and can be easily triggered by mentioning her fallen kingdom. She may be a master of six djiins but she never used them in a real battle or war making her unexperienced."

"I only want her here so I can use her as a line of power to protect Sindria. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't and will never have any feelings for a woman like her. I'm surprised that she fell for my words and actions so easily when I thought that she is an absolute monarch. I guess acting nice to her back when we were still children paid off."

Yukiko couldn't believe what she just heard. Was it really Sinbad saying that? No. It can't be. He cares for her deeply that he even let her stay with him all the time.

He was always treating her so gently like she is the most precious thing in the world. He told her how much he enjoys her company. He told her that he finds peace whenever she was with him. She took a peek to confirm if it really is Sinbad. She clenched the flower tightly in her hands as she surpasses the tears that are threatening to fall down.

She bit her lower lip to silence her sobs as he crumpled the petals with her hands. Every word that leaves his lips seems to stab her heart over and over again. More importantly, the seal that her djiin Malphas used on her to surpress the dark memories from resurfacing is slowly starting to crack open.

She then felt an incoming attack making her leap up to hide and evade Jafar's attack and Jafar himself. She looked down the crippled flower then to the purple haired king who showed no interest nor regret in his expression. After that, she escaped through the windows.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

She can feel her head throbbbing. Her heart pounding in her ears as she silently cries in the depths of the luscious green forest. The rukhs were disturbed and was flying about in an irregular manner.

The djiins were all panicking to see the seal that Malphas had put on Yukiko's darkness is slowly starting to break.

"This is bad. If this continues, she'll fall." Malphas told the other djiins.

"That is why I was against the idea of going here! We should leave before things get worse." Aini commented, looking angry.

"...but to hear King Sinbad say that to our master. He's really a cunning man." Gusion remarked.

"I suggest we end that king vessel. Using our king..manipulating her feelings when she finally got the courage to trust someone.." Procel said who was as angry as Aini at the moment.

"Our king is flawed and so is he. He has no right to trample on her and her goals like that. He is but a king vessel too. There are lots of them and they are not superior of each other." Beleth, the djiin that Yukiko conquered recently stated.

"Stop arguing! Our king is--!!" Eligor interrupted them but got cut off when the seal finally came off.

The seal that Malphas has planted on her memories finally broke resulting for all the negative and dark memories to resurface in the mind of their King vessel.