27: The Kou Empire

The Kou Empire

Yukiko and Aoren are together in one carriage along with Setsuna as a guard. They were all looking at the bustling capital city of Kou which is Rakushou.

Seeing the busy streets bustling with life and commerce brought quite the delight to the now Queen Yukiko's memories.

"It reminds me of Sindr--" Yukiko commented but just bit her lower lip before she could finish. The beautiful country that gave them shelter, the country that they love was just nothing but a lie. It still hurts Yukiko for she really fell for that glorious country that she holds dear in her heart.

"We can't go back to the past." Aoren suddenly stated after he saw the pain in his sister's expression. "There's nothing we can do about it. The only way is forward. Remember that you are Yukiko Heiwa. Along with your new found self, dispose of the old one that they tried to hold down without you knowing. This time, face everything head-on. Sacrifice the pieces that you need to for you are king." He gave her a smile then looked outside again.

"Pardon my interruption but, my Queen, did you bring your metal vessels with you?" Setsuna asked her as she holds onto her household vessel which is a sword.

"Of course. I promised you that I won't let go of it, didn't I?" She pointed at the sheathed katana that is tied on her side. "Here's Aini."

"I thought that you left them on the ship or with the Lords, Your Majesty? Pardon me but with those heavy robes your already wearing and eve carrying such heavy vessels too might take its toll on you." Setsuna expressed her worries.

"What about the others? We might suddenly encounter an incovenience. We may spark a little war seeing that this is a very powerful empire with superior military power." Aoren piped up, unconcerned of what Setsuna have said.

"Prince Aoren! I'm sure that you were the one who suggested this." She eyed him with a scolding tone. The Prince can't say anything but a meek sorry since she was right.

"Here's Eligor, Gusion, Procel, Malphas and..." she took out the curved knife from inside her clothes. "..Beleth. Kou will surely let me carry these since all their princes and princesses are carrying theirs. I wonder if Hakuei is present." Yukiko told them unaware that her brother is now being scolded by their appointed guard for acting on his own without informing her. Amidst the chaos that is in their carriage a voice was heard.

"We are nearing the imperial palace, Queen Yukiko, Prince Aoren!" Announced the coachman to them and surely, the huge palace was already within sight.

◇ ◇ ◇ ◇ ◇

Yukiko and Aoren walked ahead of the Seven Lords and Setsuna as they uphold a dignified and proper posture. Aoren was walking with his long staff as Yukiko holds her arms infront of her chest, hands hidden in her sleeves.

The red carpeted floor stretched out as far as the eye could see and the pillars surrounding the throne room adorned with gold numbered to more than a hundred for sure.

They arrived at the foot of the stairs where the Emperor sits on top of his majestic dragon throne. The princes and a lone princess were all standing in the middle portion of the stairs, looking down at them.

"Emperor Koutoku, accept our apologies for being so terribly late to your summon." Yukiko bowed slightly as she did the salute of her country, along with the Seven Lords, Aoren and Setsuna.

The emperor gave a hearty laugh and gave them a nod. "I forgive your tardiness for I know you've been 'busy'. Let us spare the formalities." He said knowingly as he stood up from his throne.