Chapter 4 - Those Late Night Thoughts

"Did you have fun at your boyfriend's house?" Jason smirked as he leaned against the door frame of my bedroom door.

"He is not my boyfriend." I said sternly.

"Whatever you say." Jason rolled his eyes. "Dinners ready."

"Alright." I mumbled and hopped off of bed. I followed him downstairs. Last night at Noah's I ended up getting woke up by him. He told me my phone kept going off. That's when I realized it was like three in the morning and Jason was calling me non stop wondering when I was coming home. He ended up coming and getting me from Noah's house at like three thirty. I have no idea why. I was perfectly fine there. I sat down at the dinner table with Jason and my parents.

"So how was the football game?" My dad asked me. Like everyone else in this small town he is a football fan and loves watching the games but he hasn't been to a game in a year.

"It was good. We won by a lot." I smiled then took a bite of my chicken my mom had cooked.

"What did you do at Noah's? You ended up coming home late." My mom said giving me a weary glare.

"We watched a movie. But we were so tired we ended up falling asleep before we could finish. But Noah woke me up and Jason came and got me as you already know." I explained.

"Well I'm glad you had fun and got out of the house. Its been a while since you've went out and done anything." My mom said with a small smile. Her words are true. I haven't went out and done anything in a while. The last time I actually went out was almost a year ago. But I would rather be in my room anyways.

"Jason told us you were friends with the star football player at school. What's his name Nick Wheeler?" My dad asked. I let out a small laugh. He hears what he wants to and even though my mom just said Noah's name he probably wasn't even paying attention.

"His name is Noah Miller. And I guess you can say I'm friends with him." I shrugged my shoulders.

"How long have you guys been friends?" My dad asked.

"Since Monday." I said.

"How did you meet?" He asked.

"In the nurses office." I stated making Jason bust out laughing.

"I'm sorry," Jason laughed. "But it still amazes me that you gave yourself a black eye! I could just picture your face when the ball was coming towards you!"

I rolled my eyes. "Jason shut up." I muttered.

"Skylar.." My dad warned.

"Sorry but can you please tell Jason to stop laughing?" I asked with pleading eyes.

"Jason-" My dad was cut off by my mom suddenly busting out laughing. Both me and my dad looked at her confused.

"Honey I'm sorry but it is funny!" She laughed. So now both my mother and my cousin are now laughing at my clumsyness and I can tell my dad is trying to fight the smile. But his smile won the fight because before I knew it, he was also laughing at it too. I don't even understand why its so funny.

I wished every moment was like this with my parents.

***

I toss and turn in bed. Its Sunday night and I can't sleep. So many things are rushing through my mind right now. I roll over on my back and stare at the ceiling. Memories flash in my mind.

Like the time I fell out the boat into the lake in the winter making my family laugh hysterically. Or the time I lost my first tooth. Or the Halloween when I dressed up like Uncle Jesse from Full house. Or when I was fourteen and found my first crush. And then the day I turned fifteen. That was almost a year ago, since I'm about to turn sixteen in a month. The day I turned fifteen, there was no words to describe it. It started great but ended badly.