Chapter 20 - Noah Miller Took Care Of Me

I sneezed for the fifteenth time this morning. I probably now have a cold from running in the rain last night. I have gone all morning trying to avoid Noah to avoid awkwardness. He tried calling me all night last night and I ignored him. I feel bad for just leaving last night but I just didn't know what to do. I also feel bad for ignoring him.

Right now I'm walking to the water fountain to get some water. I had a coughing fit in class and the teacher told me to go get water. I really don't feel good but I still want to go to the state championships tonight. I'm just nervous about the whole thing. I sneeze again before I reach the water fountain.

"Bless you." A familiar voice said. I stopped dead in my tracks, knowing who that voice belonged to. I slowly turn around and see Noah only standing a few feet away from me making familiar butterflies erupt in my stomach. He had his arms crossed and he looked almost irritated. Is he mad at me? Please don't let him be mad at me.

"Th-thanks." I mumbled. My voice was a little hoarse. I definitely was getting sick.

"Are you okay?" He asked unfolding his arms whilst coming closer to me, his irritated look turned into concerned.

"I-I think I'm sick." I sniffed. He put his hand on my forehead than on my cheeks. His eyebrows furrowed and then he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.

"You might have a small fever." He said. "Do you want me to take you home?"

"No. I'm alright." I told him. He sighed.

"We need to talk." He said making me nervous. I always hated hearing those words. It made me feel like I was in trouble or something.

"About last night?" I asked quitely. He nodded. I can still feel his lips pressed against mine. My cheeks heat up and my lips start to tingle. I suddenly wanted to kiss him again.

"Why did you run away? Did I do something wrong?" He asked concerned. I looked down at my feet.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to run like that." I said quietly.

"Why did you run?" He asked quitely. He cupped my face and made me look up at him.

"Y-you just surprised me and I-I don't like surprises." I said quietly. He immediately replaced his concerned expression to a guilty one.

"Skylar I didn't think that! I'm so sorry. It was just...I wasn't thinking. I wanted our first kiss to be special and I blew it." Noah dropped his hand from my cheek and looked down.

"Its okay Noah. Its fine. I was stupid for just running like that and it was special. It was my first kiss." I mumbled. His eyes met mine as he looked up.

"You're not stupid Skylar. You're really not and I'm glad it was special to you." He said as he grabbed my hand. He intertwined our fingers. As I looked down at our hands a thought popped into my head.

"W-Wait does this mean your ready?" I asked nervously. Noah was silent for a few moments. I was scared of his answer for some reason. If he says yes I'll be nervous because I've never been in a relationship. Then if he says no I think it might hurt. I'm just complicated.

"I need a little while longer." He whispered and squeezed my hand.

"Oh." I whispered feeling a little disappointed.

"I'm sorry. I know its wrong of me to kiss you then tell you I'm not ready." He told me.

"Its fine." I mumbled. I sneezed once again again.

"Hey are you sure you don't want to go home?" Noah asked and I nodded. "Do you think you'll still be able to go tonight?"

"Yea. I think I'll be fine." I said.