Chapter 24 - He Leaves Me Breathless Litterally

I sat on my front door steps with my head hanging down low. I tried swallowing the lump that formed in my throat but it stayed there. My eyes had tears in them but I was trying my hardest not to let them fall. Jason's parents got home early. Its Saturday and I have my date with Noah in five hours. So its bitter sweet. Jason's leaving in thirty minutes and all this morning he had been with Jessica spending time together before he leaves. He was supposed to be here an hour ago to tell me goodbye.

Noah is sitting behind me with his arms wrapped around my waist making my back press firmly against his chest and I was sitting between his legs. He had his chin resting on my shoulder. Neither of us were talking. I couldn't trust my voice to talk. Everett was sitting in a chair that was on the front porch playing on his phone. We were all here to say goodbye to him.

As minutes tick by Jessica and Jason still haven't shown up. He has to leave at one thirty and its one twenty. His parents didn't come here to pick him up. They said that he needs to come home early because the weather channel is calling for rain and his parents don't want him driving home in the dark with the rain.

I look up when I see a car pull in the driveway. Finally Jessica and Jason are here. They get out the car and approach us. Jessica is already in tears and Jason looks like he's close to it but he stays strong for Jessica. When they make it to the porch I get out of Noah's arms and wrap my arms around Jason. He gives me a big hug. We stay like that for about five minutes.

"Stay strong for me." Jason whispered in my ear. I nodded my head and against his shoulder. He pulled away and kissed my forehead. I slowly back away from him and looked over at Jessica. She was crying quietly. I gave her a hug and she gave me a weak smile. Noah and Jason hugged and Jason told Noah something that I couldn't hear. Noah nodded then pulled away. Everett said his goodbye to Jason. Then Jessica and Jason hugged and kissed before he finally had to leave. We all watched as his car pulled away from the driveway and was down the road.

Everett offered to take Jessica home and staying with her to make sure she was okay. They then left leaving Noah and I alone. We went back into my house and cuddled onto the couch. I wanted to cry but I didn't. I felt like these past few days all I have shown is weakness and I wanted to be strong.

"You okay sweetheart?" Noah asked.

"Fine." I mumbled. He was about to say something else but I wanted to change the subject so I cut him off. "So how is everything?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"I mean like at your house. Your parents, Katie and stuff." I said.

"You actually want to know how everything is going?" He asked.

"Of course. I worry about you, you worry about me. Isn't that what friends do?" I asked.

"I guess your right. Well Katie is fine. My parents still fight about money. They actually brought up the idea of moving. But don't worry I'll still be at the same school and everything so its not like I'll be moving far. Chris just tries his best to piss me off ever chance he gets. My hours got cut back at the pizza parlor so I'm not working that much anymore. But that's basically it." He explained. I nodded.

"So when you're not there does Chris look after Katie?" I asked.

"Yea. That's the only time he's actually sober." He snorted.

"Oh." I mumbled.

"Its fine though. Don't worry." He said. I nodded. "So where are your parents? They're almost never here when I come over." He said.

"Honestly I don't know. They're barely ever home. I guess they just like surrounding themselves with work to distract themselves." I explained.

"Do you want me to stay tonight?" He asked. I nodded. It would be nice if he did stay. I mean Jason isn't here anymore and my parents will probably be gone most of the night working anyway.