Chapter 16 - Sixteenth Birthday Pt. 1

The past few days Noah has been busy with football and work. Since the team did make it to the state championships he has been practicing his butt off with football. The state championships will be next Friday in the next town over thats an hour away. I've already made sure I can go to the game and Jessica and Jason are going to the game too. We're all getting a hotel room there so we won't have to make the drive back so late at night. Noah seems really excited about the championships and its so cute when he talks about it.

Ever since we both confessed our feelings for each other he's been closer to me and by closer I mean he's always making some type of physical contact with me. Like his arm around my shoulders or holding my hand. But I have to wait before anything can happen because he isn't ready for a relationship yet. I don't mind. As long as I have him as a friend I'm okay.

But in other news today is the day that I have been dreading. My birthday. I don't really know how to feel about it to be honest. I mean its the one year anniversary that my brother died but yet its my sixteenth birthday. So far I feel numb. My mom and dad made me a huge breakfast but I can't really eat. My mom, dad, and Jason are just staring at me as I stare at my food.

Theres a knock on the door and Jason gets up and goes to the door. I hear familiar voices but I don't really pay attention to them. I hear footsteps coming towards the kitchen. I look up and see Noah, Jessica, and Everett with huge grins on their faces.

"Happy birthday!" They said in unison. They were holding balloons and Jessica and Everett had a bag in their hands and Noah was holding an envelope. They all gave me a hug and stuff. Jessica handed me the bag she had in her hands.

"This is from me and Jason." She smiled. I smiled back at her then opened my gift. It was the new Nicholas Sparks book The Longest Ride. I smiled.

"Thanks guys!" I smiled and hugged them both.

"We know how much you love to read." Jason smiled.

"My turn!" Everett yelled and handed me the bag he had. I opened it and it was an Ed Sheeran poster. I thanked him and hugged him. Then Noah handed me the envelope he had. I opened it a little nervous on what it was. I pulled out a sheet of paper that was in it. I read the top and it said Stop Bullying Now and it had a bunch of names on it.

"I remember you said you wanted bullying to stop. I can't stop it all but I got a thousand people to pledge to never bully anyone." Noah explained. I smiled because he actually listened to something I said. I reached in the envelope again and the next paper said Don't Text And Drive. "I got another thousand people to not text and drive."

I jumped up from my seat and wrapped my arms around Noah. "Thank you so much!" I said.

"No problem sweetheart. Now look back in the envelope. There's another thing." He whispered in my ear. I pulled away and grabbed the envelope. I pulled out a smaller envelope and I raised an eyebrow. "Open it."

I did as he said and opened it. When I did my eyes went wide and my breath caught my throat. No way. He got me Ed Sheeran tickets. I'm going to see Ed Sheeran. I stared at the tickets in shock.

"Skylar what is it?" My mom asked. I screamed to the top of my lungs and jumped in Noah's arms. He was taken back at my action but hugged me anyway.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I told Noah. He hugged me tight.

"No problem sweetheart." He said.

"Honey you still haven't told us what it is." My dad said with a laugh. I let go of Noah and turned to face my parents.

"He got me Ed Sheeran tickets!" I yelled and jumped up and down like a five year old.

"That's great honey!" My mom smiled.