Chapter 35 - New Year New Look

Noah looked at me in shock. He wasn't expecting those words to leave my mouth and honestly, I didn't either. But I don't regret it. Well I don't think I do. Noah brought his hand up to my face and wiped the tears off my face.

"I can't do that Skylar." He whispered. "I have to look after Katie. And I can't leave my parents in the situation they're in."

"Then I'll go." I sobbed and went to get out of the bed but Noah grabbed my wrist stopping me. I turned to look at him and he shook his head.

"You're not going anywhere. You're staying here Skylar." He said and tugged me back on the bed.

"Well you won't go with me!" I cried.

"Skylar its a selfish and very irresponsible thing to do!" He said.

"You asked me what you could do to take the pain away and I told you! Now your calling me selfish and irresponsible!" I yelled and jerked my hand out of his grip. He sighed heavily but I ignored him and started packing a bag. If he wouldn't go with me then I would go alone. Noah suddenly wrapped his arms around me and tried pulling me away from the back. I thrashed around in his arms.

"You're not leaving!" Noah yelled and put me on the bed.

"Tell me one good reason not to!" I yelled.

"Me!" He yelled. "You are not leaving me! I already told you I wouldn't know what to do if you left me! So your not leaving! You wouldn't have anywhere to go either so you need to stay here!"

I put my head in my hands and started sobbing harder than I already was. Why did I have to be so selfish? I'm so stupid! I should have never even asked him to do that. He has a family here and everything and I asked him to leave it. I didn't look up at him when he sat down next to me on the bed. He wrapped his hands gently around my wrists and pulled them away from my face. I looked at him as tears still streamed down my face.

"I know you don't want to stay here." He said. He pointed to the promise ring on my finger. "I promise to take care of you no matter what, okay? This is what that means. I will be there for you no matter what. But you can't runaway. You have to stay here, finish school and go to college. Then I promise you that when we graduate high school you and I will get an apartment together, okay. We'll both save up for it. Does that sound good?" He asked. I nodded and wiped my eyes.

"But I-I have n-no money. How w-will I get into college?" I asked.

"We'll figure it out." He reassured. He then pulled me in his lap. "So tell me sweetheart, what can I do to take the pain away that doesn't involve running away?"

He moved some of my hair away from my face and kissed my cheek.

"Just hold me." I whispered. He tightened his grip around me and laid down with me in his arms. "And buy me Bojangles in the morning." I added. Noah laughed out loud and nodded.

"Anything for you sweetheart." He laughed and kissed my cheek.

***

"You look glum." Jessica said as she slid into the booth in front of me at with Jason at Bojangles. It was the next day and it happened to be the last day of 2013. Noah, Jessica, Jason, Everett, and I have all decided to have lunch together and swap gifts since we didn't get to earlier. Justin, Everett's boyfriend unfortunately couldn't make it so I still haven't gotten to meet him.

"I'm fine." I lied. Noah put his arm around my waist and pulled me close to him. Everyone was staring at me and I didn't like it. I look horrible. I have blood shot eyes with dark circles under them and my hair was just pulled into a bun this morning and I'm in sweats and Noah's football sweatshirt. My promise ring is still placed on my finger and the necklace Noah gave me is around my neck.