Chapter 6 - Gummy Bears Are My Weakness

"Street signs are cool. I mean they help you with directions and they tell you where you are and how fast your supposed to be driving. If we didn't have them then there would be wreaks and people might die and then the population would go down. Then everyone would freak out and think its the end of the world but its not its just no one made street signs. I mean people would have to start having kids to get the population up. Then the world could get over populated and then we wouldn't have enough food to feed everyone-"

"Sweetheart everything is fine." Noah said interrupting my nervous rambling.

"I'm sorry. I've just never skipped school before." I mumbled.

"I can tell." He said. "I promised we won't get in trouble. Just don't tell anyone. It will be our little secret."

"Ok. Where are we going?" I asked looking out the window of the car. Noah had a black Jeep Wrangler that was amazing. It was my dream car.

"Its a surprise." He said making my heart drop. I hate surprises for obvious reasons.

"Please don't say that." I said quickly.

"What surprise?" He asked. I nodded. "Who doesn't like the word surprise?"

"Me." I said.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled.

"Its fine." I mumbled back. We fell into silence. The ride was quite after that. I was still nervous. I really didn't know what to think about this situation. When the car finally came to a halt I looked out the window and saw we were at a café. "What are we doing here?" I asked looking at Noah.

"Well I thought you might be hungry." He said. "They have some really good pancakes."

"Oh well I don't have any money." I said. Noah shook his head.

"I got it." He smiled.

"Are you sure?" I asked. He nodded. He got out of the car and I followed his suit. We walked into the café and took a seat in the back. A waitress came up to us with a smile on her face. She was short and had red hair.

"My name is Betty and I'm your waitress this morning. What can I get you two to drink?" She asked. I looked down at the menu and saw they had hot chocolate.

"Hot chocolate with extra marshmallows." Noah and I said at the same time. We both looked at each other and smiled.

"Well aren't you two cute." Betty smiled. "I'll be right back." We nodded and watched as she disappeared.

"I see we have something in common." Noah said with a crooked smile that was absolutely adorable.

"Yea. I guess we do." I smiled.

"And um thank you again for last night. I really appreciate it." He said.

"No problem." I replied.

***

"Come back real soon!" Betty smiled as Noah and I walked out the café.

"We will!" Noah smiled and waved at her. We made our way to the car. When we both were buckled up safely in a car I turned to Noah.

"Where are we going now?" I asked. He started up the car and turned the heat on. As the days pass it just seems to get colder.

"Well my mom and dad are at work and won't be home til tonight, my brother is at a friends house, and my sister is at school so I was thinking we could go watch movies at my house." Noah said as he pulled away from the café.

"You sure no one will be there?" I asked feeling a bit nervous about this.

"I'm absolutely positively sure." He smiled. I sighed and agreed we do that. The car ride to Noah's house was quiet. I almost fell asleep a few times due to my lack of sleep. Finally we reached Noah's house. We get out of his car and make our way up to his front door. He opens it and we walk in.